Alaska Cruise Tours

ron1946

We are booking the August 16th R2L: Seattle Gold Rush Cruise Tour. We will only be on the Volendam for four days though.

I was wondering if there are boards to hook up with other folks who have gone or are going on these cruise tours?

Haven't been able to find anything on these boards. Any help appreciated!

We are booking the August 16th R2L: Seattle Gold Rush Cruise Tour. We will only be on the Volendam for four days though.

I was wondering if there are boards to hook up with other folks who have gone or are going on these cruise tours?

Haven't been able to find anything on these boards. Any help appreciated!

While there isn't a specific board for past cruise/tour people, you certainly can ask questions, both here and on the Alaska cruise board. There are plenty of people on both those boards who have done them willing to answer.

If you are looking for someone on your cruise who may be doing the land portion also, I'd suggest checking the Roll Call for your cruise (if there is one) and ask there.

Alaska board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=55

I couldn't find a Roll Call started for your cruise, but you can start it yourself, or just keep an eye out here for it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=322

Edited by Shmoo here

I did a cruisetour with HAL, we were only on the ship for 3 days then 8 days on land. I'm not real sure why, but there never was a Roll Call.

But I do know there are a lot of different tours. When we went to the showroom to meet our Tour director, there were about 20 different ones, and the showroom was full of people.

We actually had two buses that traveled in tandem, two cruise directors, and 80 people. We were designated Tour 1-A and 1-B.

I did a review, but it was in 2007 (I think) and I can no longer find it in the review section.

Have a great trip!