40th Birthday Cabin Door Decoration Ideas? Go!

My friend is a big 'Budweiser' fan...we decorated his door with 40 Budweiser magnets and stickers and had a sign that said happy 40th from your Buds! I seen another door with 'post-it' messages from friends back home all over the door. It was fun to read. They were mostly 'what not to do on your 40th bday' messages! Too funny!

Edited by mouse4583

I vote for something tasteful.

We have been on many cruises and decorate (mostly inside) on almost every cruise (except the 3 and 4 nighters). Mardi Gras one time. Our cruise next week will feature Halloween.

As someone pointed out, decorations don't last. So,,, we normally buy our shipboard decorations at the local dollar store (so we don't feel bad about tearing them down on the last night of the cruise and leaving them behind).

I vote for something tasteful.

We have been on many cruises and decorate (mostly inside) on almost every cruise (except the 3 and 4 nighters). Mardi Gras one time. Our cruise next week will feature Halloween.

As someone pointed out, decorations don't last. So,,, we normally buy our shipboard decorations at the local dollar store (so we don't feel bad about tearing them down on the last night of the cruise and leaving them behind).

I never thought that people would take things off the door. That is a good point.

I buy a new magnetic door sign (as seen on cars) for every cruise. Go to vistaprint dot com. They even have hundreds of backgrounds / styles. I buy size large.

Thank you so much for this suggestion! I just ordered one. I used code VPDEALS to save 25%.

Enjoy your trip and birthday celebration!!!

escential....many years ago NCL allowed you to bring cans of spray paint on board the ship..If you could sneak on a can of black "chalkboard" spray paint and paint the outside of your stateroom door and then once dry.. bring multi colored chalk and write funny sayings and draw cute pictures...the best part is that writing the things in chalk you can always erase them and put new funny sayings daily...also leave the chalk outside your door with a note to invite others to add goofy messages for the birthday boy. Whatever you decide...make the most of it... (side note) you could also use the chalk board as a way to leave a list of things needed for the room steward...!!!

have a great milestone cruise!!!!

-Mark

Thank you so much for this suggestion! I just ordered one. I used code VPDEALS to save 25%.

Enjoy your trip and birthday celebration!!!

I imported one of the beautiful Escape pictures on this site into a car magnet for our cabin door. I really hope no one swipes it! :eek:

Thanks for the idea and promo code.

My 60th birthday will be the Escape's inaugural sailing on Nov. 14th...hopefully, a lucky omen for both of us!

I imported one of the beautiful Escape pictures on this site into a car magnet for our cabin door. I really hope no one swipes it! :eek:

Thanks for the idea and promo code.

My 60th birthday will be the Escape's inaugural sailing on Nov. 14th...hopefully, a lucky omen for both of us!

Did you get a large magnet? Where did you download the picture from? I tried to do this with what seemed like a large/high quality image. When I uploaded it, it was too poor quality for a large magnet. I would love to make a customized magnet with the escape picture as the whole background and his birthday on it. Maybe I am searching images wrong?

I actually have a chalkboard frame that I could hang with a magnetic hook. Cute Idea. I also ordered the Magnet from Vista Print......

I hope to goodness he hasn't joined Cruise Critic or all of my surprises will all be spoiled! :eek:

I love that magnet!!! You guys sound like fun. :D

My sister decorated my door all out for my 50th. She had all kinds of over the hill signs, balloons, streamers on the door and in the hall next to it. She got yellow caution tape and weaved it across the door so I had to work to get in the cabin.

Stick a pad of sticky notes on the door and hang a pen and people will write birthday greetings and stick them on your door. Our room steward laughed every time he saw us.

Did you get a large magnet? Where did you download the picture from? I tried to do this with what seemed like a large/high quality image. When I uploaded it, it was too poor quality for a large magnet. I would love to make a customized magnet with the escape picture as the whole background and his birthday on it. Maybe I am searching images wrong?

My images were just from my phone camera so nothing too fancy. Yes I did get the large magnet. I think the problem you will have is that all of the pictures right now of Escape are renderings. Once it sails, I am sure people will be posting tons of pics you can ask to use.