Can someone post about late Carnival Excursions...

stressedmomof3

Can anyone here post where in the Carnival website or contract where it says the boat will not leave you if you are late getting back to the ship while on a Carnival sponsored excursion? The only thing I can remotely find in the contract is that Carnival is not at fault if you get hurt on any of their sponsored excursions.

I've always read about it here on the boards that the ship won't leave you, but never actually ever saw it in writing from Carnival. Any link or pointers to find it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here you go from Carnival's FAQs.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2866

Do I have to book a shore excursion through Carnival or can I go off on my own?

You are not obligated to book shore tours through Carnival in order to leave the ship. Public transportation is available at each port. We suggest you visit your local library, bookstore or a pertinent website to determine where you would like to go.

Carnival does not offer any alternatives from the established shore excursion program. All shore tours sold through Carnival are coordinated with reputable tour operators and include all of the most popular sites of interest.

One of the many benefits of booking excursions through Carnival is a guarantee that the ship will remain in port until all guests are back onboard. Carnival will not be aware of shore tours that are booked independently. Also, keep in mind that some ports have visa requirements that may prevent you from venturing off on your own.

Edited by jsfromsc

We do not book tours through Carnival often, but twice the ship was held for our late return. To my amazements one of those times we were reimbursed part of the tour cost because someone on the tour complained that the tour was supposed to allow time for shopping but because we were late there was no time.

If you are doing something that is taking you far from the ship, booking the tour through the cruise line (any of them) is cheap insurance against not getting back on time.

have a great cruise

We do not book tours through Carnival often, but twice the ship was held for our late return. To my amazements one of those times we were reimbursed part of the tour cost because someone on the tour complained that the tour was supposed to allow time for shopping but because we were late there was no time.

If you are doing something that is taking you far from the ship, booking the tour through the cruise line (any of them) is cheap insurance against not getting back on time.

have a great cruise

Once in Panama and once in Florence, Italy, I was on an excursion bus mired behind traffic caused by accidents ahead. Late by over an hour in Panama on a Carnival excursion, and almost 2 hours in Florence on a Princess tour.

The ship's crew was eager to pull in the gangplanks as we were the last passengers re-boarding each time. Whew!

Once in Panama and once in Florence, Italy, I was on an excursion bus mired behind traffic caused by accidents ahead. Late by over an hour in Panama on a Carnival excursion, and almost 2 hours in Florence on a Princess tour.

The ship's crew was eager to pull in the gangplanks as we were the last passengers re-boarding each time. Whew!

On tours that are a considerable distance from ship and scheduled for a later arrival back we would seriously consider a cruise line tour. Otherwise we only do private.