Use two CruiseNext deposits on same cruise offer

sailandcruise

I got an email his evening that said I can use two CruiseNext deposits on the same cruise as long as it is booked and sailed by December 31.

I have two Future Cruise Rewards. I assume that I can use these as equivalent to CruiseNext deposits and that the name change is irrelevant, but I will of course call to confirm.

Of course if I need two rooms this offer won't help me at all.

I wonder if they are having trouble filling up ships for the remainder of the year and rather than reduce prices as in the past, they are trying special offers of this type.

Has anyone else received this offer? Tried to use it?

Yes I already had FCC deposit on a cruise for November and they started that promo in July so I picked up 3 more FCC's in July and had them apply another one to the same cruise, so between the FCC's (bought at a discount they were running, the more you buy, the more you save) and CAS I paid $375.00 out of pocket for an M6 for 2 people with the UBP (this was prior to the 18% tips add on).

Personally I do think they are having problems filling the ships, my sailing still has 30 havens left and plenty of availability in every other category.

Personally I do think they are having problems filling the ships, my sailing still has 30 havens left and plenty of availability in every other category.

Our PCC offered us a 25% discount off published rates if we cruise again between our Escape cruise and the end of the year.

Yes I already had FCC deposit on a cruise for November and they started that promo in July so I picked up 3 more FCC's in July and had them apply another one to the same cruise, so between the FCC's (bought at a discount they were running, the more you buy, the more you save) and CAS I paid $375.00 out of pocket for an M6 for 2 people with the UBP (this was prior to the 18% tips add on).

I'm thinking they must be having trouble too. I'm being bombarded with e mails from them but don't see any deals. There was a thread way back about Del Rio prefers to sail not full than to discount cabins. Also sales for solos have gone away.

Well, the strategies need to work for NCL - to fill the unsold / vacant cabins for upcoming sailings ... getting bombed with emails & calls.

Fish tracking site showing prices dropping like fruit flies last minute, not weeks ahead but slowly trending down on those "milky" runs inside the final payment deadline/cancellation cutoffs ... been tracking a few, prices plunged within a week or 2 of sail date, typically with the guaranteed cabins, which some of us don't mind :D - especially with the 3rd. or 4th. pax sailing for less / free, if available; and, that one can pack & go last minute.

Case in point - 10 days Caribbean on non-mega ship, Inside for $599 p/p or OV-GTY for $699 p/p, plus taxes, port charges & fees + gratuities. Did some mock bookings & still showing lots of availability for this weekend. The fall is usually slower with demands & NCL is not the only line trying to fill their cabins - offers coming in from CCL & RCI, etc. even on their newest ship.

Bargain hunters ... rejoice ;) :p

Well, the strategies need to work for NCL - to fill the unsold / vacant cabins for upcoming sailings ... getting bombed with emails & calls.

Fish tracking site showing prices dropping like fruit flies last minute, not weeks ahead but slowly trending down on those "milky" runs inside the final payment deadline/cancellation cutoffs ... been tracking a few, prices plunged within a week or 2 of sail date, typically with the guaranteed cabins, which some of us don't mind :D - especially with the 3rd. or 4th. pax sailing for less / free, if available; and, that one can pack & go last minute.

Case in point - 10 days Caribbean on non-mega ship, Inside for $599 p/p or OV-GTY for $699 p/p, plus taxes, port charges & fees + gratuities. Did some mock bookings & still showing lots of availability for this weekend. The fall is usually slower with demands & NCL is not the only line trying to fill their cabins - offers coming in from CCL & RCI, etc. even on their newest ship.

Bargain hunters ... rejoice ;) :p

Last fall I got a balcony for $499 solo (no supplement) for 7 nights Getaway. Nothing even resembles that this year. Insides went for $399 solo. And I used my FCC for $250, also got $80 OBC. Needless to say, I bought another one and got $100 OBC for that.

Edited by RuthlessBoss
added about FCC

So how do you buy a FCC? We have not cruised since 2007 and really out of touch with the ins and outs of getting good deals. We are sailing on the escape Feb 6th, would that be a good time to book another cruise? How far out do most people book a cruise? I thought 7 months was good planning, but I think not at this point.