room service drinks

Tony UK

I hope you can help out on yet another drink package query!

I understand that complimentary drinks are available at bars but not on room service.

We are looking at getting a drinks package for both of us as we are partial to Bombay Sapphire and the beer selection. The website indicates that with the package you can also have your drinks room service. If we fancy a glass of the complimentary wine or a complimentary cocktail can we have this room service if we have a drink package?

Hoping someone can help

I hope you can help out on yet another drink package query!

I understand that complimentary drinks are available at bars but not on room service.

We are looking at getting a drinks package for both of us as we are partial to Bombay Sapphire and the beer selection. The website indicates that with the package you can also have your drinks room service. If we fancy a glass of the complimentary wine or a complimentary cocktail can we have this room service if we have a drink package?

Hoping someone can help

Hi Tony,

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question.

As I understand it you're planning on buying a beverage package, but are wondering if the package entitles you to receive the complimentary drinks as room service to your stateroom? Or all / any drinks delivered to your stateroom, e.g., Bombay Sapphire?

Bonnie

Sorry if I wasn't being very clear. That's probably why I didn't get answers!!

My question stems from the FAQ section on beverage packages

If I purchase a package can I have drinks delivered to my stateroom?

If you have purchased a beverage package, you can order a drink through room service. However, our select complimentary spirits, beer and wine are not available through room service.

Does this mean that if you have purchased a drink package you can order any drink (including complimentary ones) or just the drinks in your package? I understand that if you don't have a drink package you cant have complimentary drinks delivered.

Hi Tony, this is from our FAQ on the beverage package web page:

If I purchase a package can I have drinks delivered to my stateroom?

If you have purchased a beverage package, you can order a drink through room service. However, our select complimentary spirits, beer and wine are not available through room service.

Bonnie

Yes this is what I saw. I also saw this on the site

'Our new beverage packages are very well priced. Here's why: the value of a complimentary drink is taken into consideration in pricing for higher-end brands, so you pay just a slight up-charge.'

So if I have the liquor package by paying an up-charge for it, I can have drinks delivered by room service. OK!

If I have a liquor package and choose to have a glass of wine from the complimentary list (as there is no wine on the liquor lists) can I get that room service?

It would seem very strange if I had a liquor package and could order a more expensive drink room service but not a less expensive glass of wine.

Bonnie

Yes this is what I saw. I also saw this on the site

'Our new beverage packages are very well priced. Here's why: the value of a complimentary drink is taken into consideration in pricing for higher-end brands, so you pay just a slight up-charge.'

So if I have the liquor package by paying an up-charge for it, I can have drinks delivered by room service. OK!

If I have a liquor package and choose to have a glass of wine from the complimentary list (as there is no wine on the liquor lists) can I get that room service?

It would seem very strange if I had a liquor package and could order a more expensive drink room service but not a less expensive glass of wine.

Hi TonyUK,

It is what it is. It may seem strange to those who want complimentary drinks brought to their staterooms, but I'm sure there are logistical reasons behind the policy, e.g., manpower, product quantities, etc.

It's not for me to inquire nor judge the reasons behind every decision made on ship or ashore.

As Sergeant Joe Friday used to say on Dragnet..."just the facts, ma'am"...that's me (or is supposed to be accdg to my job description.)

Since we're talking cocktails, I just received the daily email (promo) from Cruise Critics. Today's headline article is the 8 Best Cruise Cocktails. They all look delicious...but why didn't they include any Azamara Club Cruises' cocktails?? Why did CCL get two of the 8? (That's my complaint of the day!) I'd love to hear what our Azamara Guests' favorite cocktails aboard are. In fact, think I'll post this question on our Azamara Asks sub-forum! I'll meet you over there...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=490&et_cid=2493342&et_rid=115083343&et_referrer=Boards