The NCL Executive Office Called Me Today...

HuddysDad

Glad you got your opinion in. Enjoy the weekend!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Actually, keep your opinion to yourself if you are going to be insulting. "Not Wise"? Who do you think you are?

We booked this 20 months ago and as a veteran/military family we don't get to do vacations like this all too often.

And to have the main reason we booked this room taken away, pretty much due to poor management by NCL and the their lack of understanding, makes me not want to spend my money with them anymore unless the upcoming cruise experience is satisfying.

So unless you have some positive suggestion(s) you have been waiting to offer, please keep your opinions to yourself.

Actually, keep your opinion to yourself if you are going to be insulting. "Not Wise"? Who do you think you are?

We booked this 20 months ago and as a veteran/military family we don't get to do vacations like this all too often.

And to have the main reason we booked this room taken away, pretty much due to poor management by NCL and the their lack of understanding, makes me not want to spend my money with them anymore unless the upcoming cruise experience is satisfying.

So unless you have some positive suggestion(s) you have been waiting to offer, please keep your opinions to yourself.

I have what I hope is a simple, non-controversial question. You had originally posted that you were unhappy with what you were offered and that this would be your last NCL cruise. You later posted that you were happy with the outcome. Was NCL able to keep you as a customer?

I have what I hope is a simple, non-controversial question. You had originally posted that you were unhappy with what you were offered and that this would be your last NCL cruise. You later posted that you were happy with the outcome. Was NCL able to keep you as a customer?

I was happy with the refund and the OBC, but disappointed with how NCL handled the whole situation.

I was happy with the refund and the OBC, but disappointed with how NCL handled the whole situation.

As to going on a future cruise (would be our sixth with them) really depends on how things go when we leave on the First.

As to going on a future cruise (would be our sixth with them) really depends on how things go when we leave on the First.

I hope things go very well. I've taken a couple cruise that I swore would be my last only to be won over again while on the ship.

Have a great trip!

My point was to make the correction between "northeast teachers convention" and the fact that it's just NJ. That's a big difference in the amount of kids out of school. Each school district has their own calendar but the NJ Teachers Convention is always the first Thursday and Friday in the month of November. Our district only gives those two days off that week.

I believe there were 1200 kids on our sailing this week 2 years ago, and a similar percentage on our Jewel sailing from NYC this week 3 years before that.

Ridiculous piece of advice!

Well they called and got more so not so ridiculous after all. Remember at first NCL was keeping their premium payment and only offering OBC. If you knew how to count you'd soon realize that's not a square deal. Borderline robbery in my book.

Am glad for OP that ultimately they got a better deal as it was very well deserved and you are way late to the game. If they listened to YOU they'd be worse off than they are now and that would be ridiculous!

Well they called and got more so not so ridiculous after all. Remember at first NCL was keeping their premium payment and only offering OBC. If you knew how to count you'd soon realize that's not a square deal. Borderline robbery in my book.

Am glad for OP that ultimately they got a better deal as it was very well deserved and you are way late to the game. If they listened to YOU they'd be worse off than they are now and that would be ridiculous!

Bravo, totally agree

I would ask for access to the Haven area or a Haven cabin. Why should you be out for them doing repairs or whatever on a cabin category you booked?
The Haven is now showing as sold out for this cruise, so perhaps they have been busy upgrading people since yesterday (not necessarily because of the spa issue). As for giving all the other affected passengers Haven access, why should the Haven guests have to put up with 100 extra people in the Haven area all week long because some other area of the ship is closed?

Technically Norwegian doesn't have to give any compensation knowing that 500 is very generous. Yes a thousand is greedy imo

Interesting....where did you get your legal degree???? So....NCL can charge a huge premium for something then, take it away and not even give them their actual money back-- just OBC which, by the way...by definition, NCL gets back!

For the past 9 months, I have been following this board and you have gone on and on about how excited you were to be in the Haven. What if NCL said, "sorry gotta close the Haven for that cruise...but, hey we'll give you $100 OBC (only 3 day cruise) and "technically" we don't have to compensate you so...don't expect or ask for a a fair resolution".... hmmm....guess that would be fair by your standards ....you just better enjoy that inside...to expect anything more would be "greedy"....just MY opinion! :rolleyes:

Interesting....where did you get your legal degree???? So....NCL can charge a huge premium for something then, take it away and not even give them their actual money back-- just OBC which, by the way...by definition, NCL gets back!

For the past 9 months, I have been following this board and you have gone on and on about how excited you were to be in the Haven. What if NCL said, "sorry gotta close the Haven for that cruise...but, hey we'll give you $100 OBC (only 3 day cruise) and "technically" we don't have to compensate you so...don't expect or ask for a a fair resolution".... hmmm....guess that would be fair by your standards ....you just better enjoy that inside...to expect anything more would be "greedy"....just MY opinion! :rolleyes:

Yes!!!!!

I would be very unhappy. The thermal suite is the ONLY reason we book the Breakaway. Their spa is the best of any ship we've been on. We're in the spa 2 or 3 times a day. It's the major part of our cruise. We're going the week of 10/25/15 getting off on 11/1. If the spa was shut down the only thing I would want is a different cruise date.

If the spa was shut down the only thing I would want is a different cruise date.
The thing is, they called the OP two weeks before their saildate. Not always realistic to cancel and reschedule with such short notice (and the OP didn't ask about this option, so we don't know if NCL would have been OK with it).

They would be happy to move us to a new date at current price/promo. But since it is our 15th anniversary and our son's 7th birthday that week and we don't want to pay even more money due to higher prices we are still going. I will miss the spa greatly and if we don't get into vibe I will be extremely disappointed but as always we will have fun since it is vacation and we will be together.

I have been on Breakaway 3 times. Each time, I arrived at the port by 10AM. Each time, I was in the first non-Haven boarding group. Each time, I was easily able to secure Vibe passes. I went directly to Guest Services as soon as I boarded. I was usually 10th or 15th in line. No problem. Just get there early.

Terry

I will miss the spa greatly and if we don't get into vibe I will be extremely disappointed but as always we will have fun since it is vacation and we will be together.
I guess if you can't have the spa or Vibe, the three of you will be together even more… One way to put a positive spin on it. :o
I have been on Breakaway 3 times. Each time, I arrived at the port by 10AM. Each time, I was in the first non-Haven boarding group. Each time, I was easily able to secure Vibe passes. I went directly to Guest Services as soon as I boarded. I was usually 10th or 15th in line. No problem. Just get there early.
That's their only hope, but on this sailing there will be 100 or more people with $200+ spa compensation OBC burning a hole in their pocket and maybe hoping to get Vibe passes instead. There's really no guarantee, but they may as well try.

I wanted to say this thread was a timely read for me, having just got a similar call from the Executive Office myself today saying our specific suite will be out of commission during our cruise. I'm very glad the OP got a resolution that was acceptable because I can see how frustrating it could be to have your original plans changed, especially if you had your heart set on certain amenities.

• 3 weeks later...
We got cabana 1 in Vibe, had an awesome room Stewart Sopi and everything was great. I avoided the spa all together but was fine with that. :)

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get a cabana in Vibe. I must say, you handled your disappointment about the thermal suite waaaay better than I or DH would have. DH suffers greatly from back and leg pain, and the heated tile beds is all he really asks for when we cruise.

We are booked on Epic for next March in a Haven Spa Suite, and I don't think anything would make me happy if the spa was shut down during the duration of our cruise.