Back from Infinity - OCT 5, 2015

roxievegas

I will do a full review in a couple of days, but wanted to give quick info for future cruises out of Fort Lauderdale. We stayed in a hotel that had a shuttle company that charged $10 per person to go from hotel to port on the day of cruise, and you could purchase for additional $10 per person port to Ft. Lauderdale airport. We did both.

Once on board we had a flyer from ship that the cost to go port to airport was $20 per person, and if going to miami airport the cost was $30 per person.

Also had tours for the day after getting off the ship and then being dropped at the airport if your flight was leaving after 2:30 or 3:30 pm and the cost of the tours ranged in price of $65, $69 and $75.

One tour was for those flying out of Miami airport and that was $49.

I will do a full review in a couple of days, but wanted to give quick info for future cruises out of Fort Lauderdale. We stayed in a hotel that had a shuttle company that charged $10 per person to go from hotel to port on the day of cruise, and you could purchase for additional $10 per person port to Ft. Lauderdale airport. We did both.

Once on board we had a flyer from ship that the cost to go port to airport was $20 per person, and if going to miami airport the cost was $30 per person.

Also had tours for the day after getting off the ship and then being dropped at the airport if your flight was leaving after 2:30 or 3:30 pm and the cost of the tours ranged in price of $65, $69 and $75.

One tour was for those flying out of Miami airport and that was $49.

I'm looking forward to your review. What hotel has the shuttle to the port?

we were at the Hilton Garden Inn. Used their direct website and booked a room king bed for $107 plus tax for total of $118, they have pickup from the airport to the hotel on arrival at FLL airport. When you are in the luggage area, used the phones at the shuttle bank and you call and let them know you are there and they are quick. no charge for pickup. Also have a shopping area across the road with a Ross, and other stores. located on the backside of the airport. nothing special, but clean and nice area.

will try to give more info later, but quick notes that we loved the ship, the staff, the food. We enjoyed the stops and we did a celebrity excursion on each island. It was hot, humid, and sticky, which we are not use to, so we were uncomfortable during the heat of the day. My husband overhead a woman at the airport that was on the cruise complaining about the food in the main dining room. We did not have one bad meal anywhere, we had room service and ate in the Bristo Five and i would rate everything a 9 or 10 on a scale of 1-10.

Looking forward to your review. We are also on the 29th of October sailing. I was really happy to hear that everything was wonderful. There are always people who complain. We've been on a few Celebrity cruises and they have always been wonderful. We even think that Celebrity is one step above RCCL which we also love. Hope to read your review real soon.

Just wrote my Review. Since everyone cruises for difference reasons, it is hard to give you information that would not apply to you or what you like to do, so I tried to give info that would help you make decisions that work for you.

We found the food so good in MDR that we never thought about paying big bucks for a speciality dinner. We did pay $10 for the Bristro Five and will do that again. Room Service is good but there are free stuff and some items you have to pay for. We only ordered the free stuff and not one complaint. Order the chicken soup - really good.

We are not big alcohol consumers, so we got the classic beverage included, but for us it is about the coffee, juice and one or two glasses of wine and dinner. If we didn't have the alcohol, we would be fine. I wish Celebrity would offer a non-alcohol package which would cost them less and then let you have another perk to go along with it.

We had one problem that i will go into detail, but it was not Celebrities fault, but they took care of the situation so we are happy.

Our last island stop which was Tortola, BVI we booked a excursion called Town and Country for $39.75. We got on the bus (10 couples) and proceeded on the tour. The tour guide was horrible. He pointed out the bank, the pharmacy, the stop light, the grocery stop - no island history. We got to the other side of the island and we were stopped by the police because they noticed that our tires were bad and they said they would not let us go down the hills on bald, flat tires. We waited for 45 minutes for another ride to show up to take us back to the ship. The second vehicle was a 10 seater and got stuck on a block wall and we had to wait for a third vehicle.

As with any problem, some of the others on the bus were way over the top. One man was insisting that we write a letter and all sign it so Celebrity would give us a refund. I told him that it was not necessary that once we got back on the ship, we could go to the customer relations desk and they would take care of it. This man was getting so worked up and won't shut up, but the other bus finally got there and we went back to the ship. Once on board we went to customer relations and we were give our tour money back plus $20. They even called our room twice to make sure that we were happy with the way they handled everything. We were fine. This is why we like booking our excursions through Celebrity - they back everything up.

If you have any specific questions, I will hopefully have answers.

We took this cruise to relax, have good food and go places we had not been to and this was a good choice.

I wish we would have been on that tour. That would be a fun story to tell, but I would embellish with a few curse words and threats of a beating. Always great to have a great first hand story, no one was hurt and you were on a cruise. All is fine in the state of Demark.

Sounds like you intended on having a great time and that is what you did. Good for you!!

We were on the cruise right before the charter to Dreamforce. We had the best time on the Infinity and did decide to put out a few bucks for the specialty restaurants. They did NOT disappoint but were also extremely happy with both the food and service in the MDR.

Glad you had a good time and kept your head on that tour in Tortola. Celebrity will probably not use this company in the future and I agree, they do the right thing when something goes awry!

• 3 weeks later...