cabana rental in half moon cay

spotter27

Yes, oh yes Do it, it was worth every penny. We had 16 people on the ship & did the oasis. HMC was our first stop, we all agreed that we could have turned around & gone home and been completely happy with our cruise. The service was amazing, the food was really good, drinks were flowing, music blaring it was the PERFECT beach day. I was going to ass some pictures but they are on another computer, I will get them on soon.

We had the bartender, 2 cooks, 2 waiters to get us anything we needed & 2 other guys that just ran around behind us picking things up. It did take a while for us to convince one of the waiters to bring us drinks all the way into the water so we didn't even need to move from our floats to get another cocktail.

We've rented it twice. It is fantastic and worth every penny! There are his and her bathrooms and a shower, a hot tub, snorkel gear and floating mats, ipod docking station to play your own music, cushioned lounges with a misting fan, a waterslide, unlimited food made by your own chef, and open bar with a bartender just for your group. There is an area to do massages but that is not included in the price of the Oasis. You have to arrange for a masseuse to come off the ship to do the massages and pay extra.

I rented it for our Roll Call on this last cruise, but we missed HMC -- in fact, we were told we'd be missing it the day before, and I was NOT a happy camper.

If you rent it out, be prepared for this eventuality as they do not credit the $1,500 back to your card, just apply it as an onboard credit. If you don't cash it out before the end of the cruise, it will take a few weeks to get the check from Carnival.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
does a waiter come to ALL cabana numbers to serve drinks?? do they go all over ?? or is it better just to go to the bar and get drinks??
I've found it to be hit-or-miss. We prefer the higher-numbered cabanas farther down the beach, but there are more servers closer to the bars.

Tip what you feel it's worth...anywhere from $10-$50 is fine. For the whole cabana. The charge for the cabana includes the attendant....so you don't need to "go overboard"...sorry..bad pun!

Edited by cb at sea

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Thinking about renting the Oasis for our upcoming cruise. Does anyone have a picture of the bar menu? I know they serve beer, wine and tropical cocktails but wondering if we can get some rum or scotch mixed with diet coke or club soda for the diabetics in our group. All those tropical cocktails are filled with too much sugar.

thanks!!

Hello,

Thinking about renting the Oasis for our upcoming cruise. Does anyone have a picture of the bar menu? I know they serve beer, wine and tropical cocktails but wondering if we can get some rum or scotch mixed with diet coke or club soda for the diabetics in our group. All those tropical cocktails are filled with too much sugar.

thanks!!

There's no menu in the Oasis or at least not the two times we rented it there wasn't one. We went to the shore excursion desk to tell them what kind of beer we wanted. But couldn't choose the alcohol. The bartender made a lot of frozen drinks but I can only drink one of those and I'm full! They had vodka and rum but nothing that I would usually mix with (iced tea, cranberry juice). I know some of the guys in the group were drinking rum and coke.