Transportation from Hotel Continential

Xmansmom

For those that have stayed at the Hotel Continential pre-cruise, what is the best way to the ship? How expensive would a taxi be?

Please help us out by being more specific. There are many different Hotel Continentals in Italy (and Europe) and many ships at many different ports :).

Hank

Hotel Continental in Barcelona is at the top of la Rambla and the taxi would take a route around the corner and down Via Laietana and down to the port. this is a 5 Km route and with the port fee included the taxi would cost from 13 to 17 euro. They will charge 1 euro for each large bag.

The taxi will hold up to 4 passengers. If the hotel calls a taxi it will cost 1.70 more. A large taxi holding up to 7 passengers could be found for 2.70 addition, but the problem is the new versions actually have the 2 rear seats taking from the total baggage space available.

Someone traveling lite or with a spinner bag could walk 2 km down to the end of la rambla and cross over and take the port bus to your cruise terminal. There are also bus and metro options to go down the street. The port bus is 2.50 one way per passenger to the ship now, I believe.

Please help us out by being more specific. There are many different Hotel Continentals in Italy (and Europe) and many ships at many different ports :).

Hank

I'm curious. Did this thread start out in the Italy forum and was moved by the moderator to the Spain, Barcelona forum? I ask because it is in the appropriate Barcelona forum and there is only one Hotel Continental in Barcelona and one port.

I was interested in the answer to the OP's question, thank you MadFlyer, since we will be staying post cruise at Hotel Continental so will be taking taxi the other direction, from port to hotel.

Edited by NMLady

There are 2 Continental hotels, one on La Rambla and the other the Continental Palace, about 3 blocks away. I've stayed in both. From either just leave the hotel and take a cab. There are always cabs waiting. The price won't vary much.

I'm curious. Did this thread start out in the Italy forum and was moved by the moderator to the Spain, Barcelona forum? I ask because it is in the appropriate Barcelona forum and there is only one Hotel Continental in Barcelona and one port.

I was interested in the answer to the OP's question, thank you MadFlyer, since we will be staying post cruise at Hotel Continental so will be taking taxi the other direction, from port to hotel.

Point taken. Of course there are more then one Hotel Continental's even in Spain such as the one in Calella. Spain is actually more then just Barcelona (we have spent weeks driving around the country and never come near Barcelona). While we do understand that many cruisers think that Spain begins and ends in Barcelona we assure you that there is more to the country then that one city :).

Hank