Explorer and Voyager in Sydney 28/11

From the telegraph article:

"The brand-new Explorer is 138,194 tonnes, 311m long, 38m wide, and has a capacity of 10,400 people — twice the size of the population of Byron Bay"

Don't think so.

Nicely spotted! :eek:

Here's our more accurate story :D

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=6680

"The brand-new Explorer is 138,194 tonnes, 311m long, 38m wide, and has a capacity of 10,400 people — twice the size of the population of Byron Bay"

Don't think so.

And she is hardly "brand-new" either .... :rolleyes:

Edited by boeckli

Don't think so.

Sounds like that's the capacity for both ships (at full occupancy), including staff maybe...?

On the Voyager right now. Yesterday was incredible to watch first hand. I got some good photos and a video that I will either upload after dinner and the show tonight or tomorrow after we get back onboard after Melbourne. Although might need to wait to get back to Sydney for the video.

Onboard there were chants going back and forth between the two ships. Overall it was a great atmosphere onboard. Anyway now its time to get ready for formal night.

On the Voyager right now. Yesterday was incredible to watch first hand. I got some good photos and a video that I will either upload after dinner and the show tonight or tomorrow after we get back onboard after Melbourne. Although might need to wait to get back to Sydney for the video.

Onboard there were chants going back and forth between the two ships. Overall it was a great atmosphere onboard. Anyway now its time to get ready for formal night.

Fantastic :D

Thanks for the update...

Plenty of time to post pics later ...have a great time...

sounds like you are:D:D

Sounds great enjoy your cruise.

Sadly the first check in for the Explorer did not go as well as expected with a few computer glitches and far too many guests arriving at the same time ( although not unusual for a three day cruise to nowhere) The computer glitches also seem almost obligatory for a new ship arriving in Sydney for the first time, not an excuse but it does seem to always happen that way.:mad::mad:

Sadly the first check in for the Explorer did not go as well as expected with a few computer glitches and far too many guests arriving at the same time ( although not unusual for a three day cruise to nowhere) The computer glitches also seem almost obligatory for a new ship arriving in Sydney for the first time, not an excuse but it does seem to always happen that way.:mad::mad:

Not good mate, I must say I was impressed with the finished OPT.

Hmmm.....nice photos but perhaps, Ben Pike,who wrote that story, should check his facts a little more... The "brand new" Explorer (it was built in 2000 so is 15 years old) and has a capacity of 10400 people OMG.. I DO NOT WANT TO DO CHECK IN ON ANY OF ITS TURNAROUND DAYS :eek::eek::eek:

I think maybe he meant that the total of the Voyager and the Explorer PLUS all crew would be about 10400 people :confused::confused:

Not good mate, I must say I was impressed with the finished OPT.

As I said the first turnaround for a new ship always seems to go pear shaped but I am positive that it will all be OK in the future..just a hick up.

The OPT looks nice but leaves a little to be desired from an operational point of view, especially at debark with the bigger ships and the limited luggage areas.....but once again we will sort it out.:)

The OPT looks nice but leaves a little to be desired from an operational point of view, especially at debark with the bigger ships and the limited luggage areas.....but once again we will sort it out.:)

Thats going to be interesting for you then when Ovation arrives at the OPT next year.