When can you cancel an excursion onboard?

phabric

I am new on HAL.

I bought an excursion for my room mate and myself. She now says she might not want to go.

Is there a time period when I can go to the Excursion Desk and cancel and get a refund?

Edited by phabric

I've never done it, but I found this:

If you decide to cancel an excursion before the ship sails -- you can do so up to 3 days before sailing. The cost of the excursion will be credited back to your credit card. You can also book new excursions up to 3 days before sailing. After that 3 day deadline, you have to wait until you are on the ship to cancel excursions. If you do it on embarkation day, you will get the full amount of the excursion credited to your shipboard account.

After embarkation day, you need to read the shore excursion booklet that will be in your cabin to meet the deadlines for canceling. If you cancel by that deadline, you will get back 90% of the cost and it will be credited to your shipboard account. If you miss the deadline for cancelling -- you will get nothing back.

Edited by jtl513

I am new on HAL.

I bought an excursion for my room mate and myself. She now says she might not want to go.

Is there a time period when I can go to the Excursion Desk and cancel and get a refund?

I cancelled 3 separate excursions on 3 different cruises. All were on board cancellations of excursions prebooked on HAL's Web Site.

The first one I cancelled about 30 minutes prior to the excursion actually departing. I have mobility issues and the excursion was deemed to be to strenuous for me to do after talking with the Tour Guide, the HAL Shore Excursion Manager and myself. I received 10% of the cost back at that time, which showed up as an OBC credited to our account. I might have been able to get 100% back IF the Shore Excursion people had been able to get another passenger who was wait listed for it to take my place, but it was to late so...

the other 2 Excursions I cancelled aboard the ship, one the day before and the other about 2 hours prior. I received 100% of the costs because the Shore Excursion Manager and I had been trying for 2 days to get word from the Tour Operator that it was a Fully Accessible excursion (which was listed as being so). Turned out neither were even moderately accessible and therefore I was allowed to cancel them both.

I believe I was told that you have up to 3 days prior to the Excursion to cancel and receive 100%. Up to 24 hours you get 90% and less than 24 hours is 10%.

Joanie

I am new on HAL.

When you board you have a certain amount of hours to cancel, my mom cancelled her shore excursion with a refund and the agent at the desk waived the 10% fee.