B2B Change Over Day, Debarkation Question

LzyCruiser_NWA

I was wondering if anyone have had any experience on disembarking during the change over on the mid point of their b2b?

Traditionally I know the B2B passengers are walked off then walked back on, but we want to go into town (Barcelona) at this point.

At the same time, we rather not have to go through the lines etc to get our new stateroom keys/cards etc.

So how does this work?

We want to be able to leave the same soonish, 8 or so that we can enjoy barcelona. They don't usually walk the B2B off until 9:30 or 10AM right?

Thanks.

When we did a back to back cruise with the change day in Rome all passengers who wished to get off the ship had to disembark before 9 am. After that point the back to back passengers had to remain on the ship until the new passengers were boarded. If you are moving staterooms and have to wait to have access to the new safe, you should know that guest relations will allow you to put valuables in their safe while you are off the ship. Suggest you do not walk around Barcelona with valuables. You will receive a letter from guest relations a day or two before you reach Barcelona with specific instructions.

I forgot to mention that back to back passengers were instructed to have at least one person from each stateroom report to a particular meeting room where the new seapass cards were given out and you were required to have your credit card swiped for the second cruise. I believe they also had pastries, coffee and juice on a table for the back to back passengers to have a quick continental breakfast before heading out for the day. Back to back passengers were also offered a special lunch in the MDR while all of the new passengers were directed to the buffet.

So it looks like we just get the new cards the night before. Debark early and start touring Barcelona and get back later in the afternoon after the crowd has boarded?

Do we have to take our passport off the ship and go thru immigrations and custom?

We are staying in the same room so we don't have to worry about moving valuable

Thank you all.

There's typically a meeting for all B2B guests during the cruise to explain the process. Invite should be delivered to your room. I say typically because one cruise they didn't have me down as being on the B2B even though I'd confirmed details on original embarkation.