Vista Havana booking ?

lbendick

This is the cabin we are booked in (6461) for April '18. I know its forever and a day away, but I would love to see any photos of the cabin from your cruise! :D

Very cool!! Thank you!! Would love to see pics. This will be our 2nd time with a aft wrap but we haven't sailed in the first yet...not until the Magic 3/24/17.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is the cabin we are booked in (6461) for April '18. I know its forever and a day away, but I would love to see any photos of the cabin from your cruise! :D

Oops...I meant to respond to you! Thank you! And I look forward to seeing your pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes - I am just beside myself with excitement about 6461! This is an extra special cruise. My boyfriend's Mom was named Vista and that is why we are going on this cruise! The anticipation is killing me! Can't wait for someone to post pics of the aft area & aft wraps. I also can't wait to see the Havana suites with those hammocks!

Between this thread, and the Vista Photo thread, I'm pretty pumped for our cruise. Hopefully this first sailing all goes according to plan, and the photos and videos start to flood YouTube!

Not to go off on a different route here, but...

I know the Havana area is open to Havana guests during the day, and then open to all at night.

My question is, (as I saw a similar thread about the Family Harbor area) whats going to stop other Havana guests from trying to bring other friends or family members into the Havana area with them? I can understand wanting to keep everyone together, and all that fun stuff, but, if I paid a premium to access this area, and there are other people that are using resources in that area, and therefore, I cannot access them, I would be a little unhappy.

Hopefully they have a check system in place to prevent that.

i have been told they are pretty much sold out. I booked over a year ago and could not get one. I have a chance conversation with my travel agent this week and was so lucky to upgrade to one that had just opened up and did not have to pay extra. So lucky.

we are booked in Havana Cabana for Dec 2017 sailing out of Miami. On the waiting list to upgrade to Havana Suite....fingers crossed that someone cancels :)

Who knows? A lot can happen in 1.5 years. When I first saw your post I mis-read it and thought you were on the 12/17/16 sailing (Which is the sailing we are booked on) and my first thought was "Not a chance in Heck" We have one the 4 suites on that sailing, and nothing is keeping me from that ship and that stateroom. I'm hording all of my vacation days to ensure I have enough vacation hours come December.

Edited by Rosethorn40

I booked the morning that our sailing was available, grabbed the last cabana so chances aren't very good but good to know that it's mine if one comes available!

Don't forget to post your perspective after you sail :)

• 2 months later...
I can't even book a Havana Cabin for February 2018. Are they really sold out that far in advance??

it could be sold out or it could be various travel agents reserving a block of cabins to be sold.

I can't even book a Havana Cabin for February 2018. Are they really sold out that far in advance??

Most likely! I booked mine in March of 2015 for my January 2017 sailing and they were sold out shortly after that. (so basically 2 years out, SOLD OUT). Like the above poster stated, there might be a block by an agent on the staterooms, but probably sold out.

There are Havana rooms available then. Are you looking for a room that holds more than 2 people or include a child under 12? There aren't very many Havana rooms that hold more than 2 and no children under 12 are allowed.

I wanted to sail on Deck 5 in a Havana Cabana suite or balcony cabin in 2017 for 8 nights. About 3-4 months ago I tried to book and could not find any available on Deck 5. I ended up booking NCL Getaway for February 2017 and booked the Havana Cabana Suite for February 2018.

Edited by js

I booked a Family Harbor suite for the 12 day, August 6 sailing from Barcelona. At the time, there were no Havana cabins AT ALL. We were actually considering cancelling, then I did a mock booking online in early May, and all of a sudden, there were Havana Cabana suites available! And inside Havana cabins as well. So we decided to go ahead and confirm our booking and switched to one Havana Cabana suite, and one inside cabin for our party of 5. The odd thing is, I played around online and found that there were actually 2 more of the four Havana suites available!

I don't know if they held these cabins, if people cancelled, or if folks changed their minds about the Havana suites when the reviews and actual pictures came out. It makes me a bit nervous, but then again, I think by now we all know the pros and cons of the Havana cabanas.

So I say to anyone who really wants one, keep checking. A lot of people seem to be getting "lucky" and snagging a Havana cabin.