The New Ship

doone

I just booked a November 2016 cruise on the Koningsdam. I am enthusiastic about the new dining and entertainment features. I really wasn't sure if I wanted to cruise again, but it sounds like this ship has the features I want without being a Royal Caribbean mega-ship. Over a year ahead of the cruise, there were only 3 SA cabins remaining. It appears (I could be wrong) that most of the added cabins are verandahs.

We booked an aft-corner suite (Thanksgiving '16) the day they opened up bookings. I'm thrilled with what this ship appears to offer. Glad I waited to return to HAL -- after 50 years. :D

Tom

We're in an aft Vista Suite on Deck 7 (not corner) - looking forward to sailing with ya. Let's try to do a cabin crawl, would love to see your suite!

I am booked on the 9 day Dec. 14, 2016 cruise in one of the new "OO" single oceanview cabins. It will be interesting to see what it will be like.

I'll be anxious to hear your reports as I'm booked in the same for February.

Roy

We're in an aft Vista Suite on Deck 7 (not corner) - looking forward to sailing with ya. Let's try to do a cabin crawl, would love to see your suite!

Sounds like a plan - we'll certainly have plenty of days to choose from!

I forget which deck we're on (too lazy to look it up :) ), but it's the lowest one for those cabins, and thus has an extra large balcony - at least from what I can tell from the deck plans and some models of the ship I've seen.

Tom

It is highly likely the Koningsdam will be the smallest of any new ships HAL adds after her. Maybe a same size sister but I suspect she might 'grow' just a bit. :)

Which just scares me and drives us further and further away from HAL.

Perhaps HAL figured out that alot of 4 and 5 star Mariners select these Signature cabins instead of the Neptune Suites, as they get many of the "perks" of a Neptune suite (for being 4/5 star) and almost as much cabin size, for alot less money.

I am sure HAL knows what they are doing in this.

I think it's simpler than that... Supply and demand...

Less supply and they can demand more $

Not to mention when you think about it the Vistas having basically three decks of Signature/Neptune suites is a bit excessive

Edited by InTheWASide

I think it's simpler than that... Supply and demand...

Less supply and they can demand more $

Not to mention when you think about it the Vistas having basically three decks of Signature/Neptune suites is a bit excessive

The Signature Category on the Koningsdam is a totally new configuration, not like the Signature Staterooms on the Vista Class ships. Can not compare "Apples" and "Oranges".

The Signature Category on the Koningsdam is a totally new configuration, not like the Signature Staterooms on the Vista Class ships. Can not compare "Apples" and "Oranges".

I'm aware of the differences. But for people wanting to book a "suite" regardless of the configuration... if you have fewer they are more "prestigious and/or exclusive" and can bring more money.

You make them less exclusive when you have 2 decks full of them on other ships.

Hopefully you can follow my line of thinking?