Question regarding smoking on Viking

ThreeTwelves

Hi, my father who I'll be traveling with is a smoker :eek:(yep I agree, nasty habit but he's 77 years old and won"t quit, believe me we tried) and is concerned about being able to have a cigarette on board. I've researched it online for him and found out there is a section on the boat he can have one but It's on the Sundeck and apparently on this cruise it's hardly open due to low bridges. Do they have an alternative area for him to go if it's closed?

Can you tell us which ship your father will be travelling on? I understood that there was a place at the aft of the ship but it's been a while since I've been on a Viking ship (but I'm getting on one in a couple of weeks!).

Well, I just took a look at the two ships that I'll be on shortly and don't see what I thought would work for your father. The ship I was on then is no longer in service with Viking. On that one, there was, outside the spa and library area at the aft of the ship, a smoking area. I thought that maybe it was only on the older ships but one of mine is an older ship that is due to be retired at the end of the year. Sorry about the misinformation. Still will be helpful to know which ship he'll be on.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Thanks Alberta and pflorio994. We'll be sailing on the Vikings' Odin Cities of Lights cruise. Oh I hope he can find a place that's allowed cause it's going to be awful for my mother and me if he doesn't, nothing like cruising with a person who's going thru withdrawals, lol.

I might have to suggest he take patches and hope this will help him quit:)

Thank you MeMe4A&J, I'm really hoping you have a wonderful trip too. Less than a month for you, I can"t wait to hear all the details of your trip when you get back.

Are you all packed yet? I'm still in the editing phase, I put things in then take them out when I realize I'm packing way too much, lol. Still have to buy my winter coat. Not sure if I want to buy for comfort or whatever looks good in pictures. I might freeze but at least I'll look stylish :D

Best of luck with your trip:)

Edited by ThreeTwelves

Thank you MeMe4A&J, I'm really hoping you have a wonderful trip too. Less than a month for you, I can"t wait to hear all the details of your trip when you get back.

Are you all packed yet? I'm still in the editing phase, I put things in then take them out when I realize I'm packing way too much, lol. Still have to buy my winter coat. Not sure if I want to buy for comfort or whatever looks good in pictures. I might freeze but at least I'll look stylish :D

Best of luck with your trip:)

The only thing ThreeTwelves about it being 3weeks from today is that then it will be over and I won't have anything to look forward to or plan!!:(

Haha, I spent all day yesterday "playing" with my packing. I have had one guest room looking like a hurricane but now I have bled over into the other guest bedroom....yikes!!

I bought a CC member recommended over the door toiletry bag so yesterday I piddled with organizing it. My intention is to pack a carry on and a back pack. I am listening carefully to everything that is being suggested on packing. I am not sure they will even let me on the plane with all my comfort items!! LOL (not even sure I can physically handle them....neck pillow, blanket, inflatable foot stool, book, magazine, ipad, eyemask, earbuds, Wisps.....the list just goes on and on!! HAHA) i have to say, the little foot stool was a wonderful thing on our last international flight, great if you are a bit short.

I did buy a new overcoat, fleece lined windbreaker that the waist will cinch in so it is not so bulky but they are very versatile. Not stylish but I will be warm and dry.

If I manage to get everything packed in these two bags I may have to start a new career!! LOL Teaching packing!!

Have fun with the planning....I am doing "dry runs." Almost feels like I am practicing for a game show!!:D:D:D

The only thing ThreeTwelves about it being 3weeks from today is that then it will be over and I won't have anything to look forward to or plan!!:(

Try to take about 1,000 pictures -- then you'll be able to spend several weeks sorting and editing them [and reliving the trip]!

I brought home 24,000 pictures from our 50-day Viking Oceans cruise this spring and all I've managed to do is load them all on my computer and back them up. Overwhelming! (I did get my CruiseCritic review written though...)

Overwhelming is an understatement!!:eek:

How can you even find time to look at each one....I am in awe of you!!