Explorer of the seas - drinks package

Coyote10

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be worth while buying a drinks package and if so which one?

I would probably enjoy 2-3 cocktails per day, and maybe a couple of wines with dinner?

The drink packages are quite expensive, but I am unsure on the prices for the cocktails, and how much gratuities might be.

Also with the 2nd package ( I cant remember the name but not the premium one) does anyone know if specialty coffees are included in that?

I'm so confused.

:-)

I want to be able to relax and enjoy myself and not stress about getting off to a big bill at the end of my cruise.

Sounds like you won't need a package....you won't be drinking enough for it to pay for itself.

Included drinks are: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast. If you can get by with those things...you'll be good.

Sounds like you won't need a package....you won't be drinking enough for it to pay for itself.

Included drinks are: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast. If you can get by with those things...you'll be good.

OP indicated 2-3 cocktails and wine with dinner. Would pay to consider a package depending especially on wine and how much with dinner.

Cocktails are around $14 (including 18%), glass of wine $12 so $66 a day if you have 3 cocktails and 2 glasses of wine. Add in you could have a couple of sodas during day or some bottled water it is worth looking at premium package.

• 2 weeks later...
Cocktails are around $14 (including 18%), glass of wine $12 so $66 a day if you have 3 cocktails and 2 glasses of wine. Add in you could have a couple of sodas during day or some bottled water it is worth looking at premium package.

Depends what you are drinking. Frozen drinks are around $14 with tip, but many "plain" cocktails, rum/Coke, gin/tonic, as examples, are less. Wine starts at around $8 a glass.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

I'm so confused. :-)

I want to be able to relax and enjoy myself and not stress about getting off to a big bill at the end of my cruise.

I don't think a drinks package may suit you. The package down form the top does not include coffees so they would be extra & if you took the top one you probably still wouldn't be drinking enough. Also if you do take one you need to drink a certain amount each day to make it worth your while. I'm not saying don't buy one but do your maths first. If you buy it pre cruise you will be looking at buying if for each day of the cruise. You can buy it on board anytime up until the last 4 days of the cruise.

So for eg, top package $90 Aud per day x10 day cruise = $900. So if you think you would easily spend $900 on drinks in that time then yes go for it, if you think that is way beyond your budget then No.

I don't think a drinks package may suit you. The package down form the top does not include coffees so they would be extra & if you took the top one you probably still wouldn't be drinking enough. Also if you do take one you need to drink a certain amount each day to make it worth your while. I'm not saying don't buy one but do your maths first. If you buy it pre cruise you will be looking at buying if for each day of the cruise. You can buy it on board anytime up until the last 4 days of the cruise.

So for eg, top package $90 Aud per day x10 day cruise = $900. So if you think you would easily spend $900 on drinks in that time then yes go for it, if you think that is way beyond your budget then No.

I think it would be hard for me to spend that much at home in an Aussie restaurant/pub but the Cocktails will be AUD $20 but he time we cruise....

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be worth while buying a drinks package and if so which one?

I would probably enjoy 2-3 cocktails per day, and maybe a couple of wines with dinner?

The drink packages are quite expensive, but I am unsure on the prices for the cocktails, and how much gratuities might be.

Also with the 2nd package ( I cant remember the name but not the premium one) does anyone know if specialty coffees are included in that?

I'm so confused.

:-)

You will also need to take into account shore days, if you are on shore most of the day you get back quite tired so you will be unlikely to drink your 2-3 cocktails and couple of glasses of wine with dinner. (unless you are a late night person)

We took instant coffee and coffee bags (and tea), all rooms have 45 second boil new Russell Hobbs kettles for the UK & Oz seasons. We got small cartons of fresh milk from the Windjammer and it kept quite well in the cooler fridge. Great for that first thing in the morning coffee/tea. PS, the tea bags they supply are incredibly week, even using 2 bags, even the 'made in France' Twinings English Breakfast was a bit wishy washy.

The speciality coffees available next to the Promenade Café were Starbucks but others I spoke to said it was a little mediocre. I didn't like the US style coffee served everywhere else.

• 1 month later...

I'd like opinions on the Royal Replenish package (that's the non-alcohol one).

I really don't drink much alcohol but I do like mocktails (non-alcoholic cocktails). I'm also notoriously good at getting myself dehydrated (and I really really don't like water - makes me feel sick) so I expect it might be easier for me to stay hydrated in Vanuatu/New Caledonia if I'm drinking interesting things.

Could anyone give an indication of price of the mocktails?

I'd like opinions on the Royal Replenish package (that's the non-alcohol one).

I really don't drink much alcohol but I do like mocktails (non-alcoholic cocktails). I'm also notoriously good at getting myself dehydrated (and I really really don't like water - makes me feel sick) so I expect it might be easier for me to stay hydrated in Vanuatu/New Caledonia if I'm drinking interesting things.

Could anyone give an indication of price of the mocktails?

mocktails are around the $5.00 mark. Sounds like the Royal replenish will suit you well.