virtual balconies

Sorry, I'm not up on the latest news regarding Royal Caribbean. I just read about the "virtual balconies" in the inside cabins. Very cool! Is this something that is currently onboard Royal Caribbean ships, or something in the works for future ships?

Thanks! ::D

Sorry, I'm not up on the latest news regarding Royal Caribbean. I just read about the "virtual balconies" in the inside cabins. Very cool! Is this something that is currently onboard Royal Caribbean ships, or something in the works for future ships?

Currently on a few ships, not all.

not every ship and not every inside cabin or category. me, personally, I don't like them. they tend to be in weird spots( one had it on a side wall with a chair directly in front of it) and the screen, after a while, starts to look.. well.. off.

Just stayed in one. The view is an AFT view. That was disappointing, I wish the camera had been installed at the front of the ship. And even when you turn it off it still emits a glow so your cabin never really gets dark at night. Ours kept having to be reset during the cruise because it kept freezing. Personally, I would never stay in one again. And yes, it was on a side wall with a chair in front of it. And the room is so small there is no where to move the chair. lol It's not a horrible room just not what I expected.

Just stayed in one. The view is an AFT view. That was disappointing, I wish the camera had been installed at the front of the ship. And even when you turn it off it still emits a glow so your cabin never really gets dark at night. Ours kept having to be reset during the cruise because it kept freezing. Personally, I would never stay in one again. And yes, it was on a side wall with a chair in front of it. And the room is so small there is no where to move the chair. lol It's not a horrible room just not what I expected.

At least for Anthem, that's not correct. It depends on how the inside cabin is built - they have several cameras and I saw virtual balconies showing aft, port and startboard views.

My 2 eldest teens had one this year on deck 10 of explorer (they were across the corridor from our suite). They kept the curtain drawn over it most of the time and yes it was on side wall with chair in front - piled high with clothes they didn't bother putting away!

• 3 weeks later...
I think stayed on one on FOS. I liked it myself. Better than an inside room, although that doesn't bother me much either.

I have to chuckle that you said that you "thought" you stayed in a Virtual Balcony Room. It seems like a room that you would remember. Did you try to go on the Virtual Balcony? Only teasing you, sorry. lol

We stayed in one, and our friends where next door in another.

Ours was port side, and our friends was starboard.

Kind of neat when you saw the port, while docked.

Also the ships passing in the night.

I did not care if it was on a strange wall, with a chair in front.

It was better than nothing but a wall.

Yes it glowed at night, but not as much as a night light,

or leaving the bathroom light on to see, when you get up 2P.

:rolleyes:

We just got off the Navigator and had a Virtual Balcony. They are on floors 8, 9, and 10. Ours was on the front of the ship and always looked the same until we returned to Galveston. Then we could see the port. It is a nice night light but not something I would like to pay extra for. Someone else made our reservations so we probably did pay more for it than a room without.

Sharon