Catamaran to the Pitons

Glyn1947

We are going to St Lucia in January with the Ventura. The cost of their catamaran excursion on catamaran to The Pitons is £45, about $70. This seems like a reasonable price as I don't see how an independent arrangement would cost much less than $50 and the extra $20, in the grand scheme of things, is not such a bad deal. Can you please tell me how much a locally arranged trip would cost? Also is the p and o excursion a good one? Lastly what should we do in the afternoon when we come back from the boat?

We are going to St Lucia in January with the Ventura. The cost of their catamaran excursion on catamaran to The Pitons is £45, about $70. This seems like a reasonable price as I don't see how an independent arrangement would cost much less than $50 and the extra $20, in the grand scheme of things, is not such a bad deal. Can you please tell me how much a locally arranged trip would cost? Also is the p and o excursion a good one? Lastly what should we do in the afternoon when we come back from the boat?

You van checkbwirh various independent operators such as Carnival Sailings, Bateau Mygo, SeaSpray Cruises, Jus' Sail, Mystic Man, etc to compare costs, length, and inclusions...

There's little around the port, and depending on what time you return you may not have much time to go anywhere else. Across from the bay is the Castries Food and Craft market, with an amazing array of local fruits and veggies, spices, and local crafts and souvenirs - worth a walk through if you have time...

Thank you. The independent trips were more expensive and so I've booked the p & o trip. I'm hoping that they will drop us off at Marigot bay on the way back.

If they do (unlikely, but you never know), keep in mind that a taxi from Marigot Bay back to the port with be $40us, and leave yourself at least one hour travel time on your return. There's not much to do at the Bay, and the beach is quite small, but it is picturesque.

Enjoy your visit.