Bon Voyage Alcohol & Nightclub

QTPieRye

Does anyone know if alcohol ordered from bon voyage can be brought into the night club? In the past, we just go back to our cabin and make a drink and bring it with us... but I wondered if we could pour the alcohol into a flask, order soda and mix in the club? Thanks.

Does anyone know if alcohol ordered from bon voyage can be brought into the night club? In the past, we just go back to our cabin and make a drink and bring it with us... but I wondered if we could pour the alcohol into a flask, order soda and mix in the club? Thanks.

Per your agreement in buying thru BV you are not supposed to drink the booze anywhere except in your cabin... but I've heard tell of people taking flasks and ordering "a" drink and then adding to that drink... maybe a coke/drink alternate order? Not sure if ordering just a mixer will suffice. Many do bring a large refillable container and make it last though.

Per your agreement in buying thru BV you are not supposed to drink the booze anywhere except in your cabin... but I've heard tell of people taking flasks and ordering "a" drink and then adding to that drink... maybe a coke/drink alternate order? Not sure if ordering just a mixer will suffice. Many do bring a large refillable container and make it last though.

Oh wow.... I was not aware of that agreement! Thank you.

Oh wow.... I was not aware of that agreement! Thank you.

From the Carnival website:

The Fun Shops (pre-cruise orders) (Bon Voyage)

All alcohol purchased through The Fun Shops (via telephone order or online) for on board consumption is designed for in-stateroom entertainment only. Guests cannot take liquor bottles with them to public areas. Only wine or champagne that was ordered through The Fun Shops can be served in the dining room or Steakhouse.

I do order a bottle (sometimes 2 for 7 nights) and some beer (same price as onboard)... the beer I just ask to be chilled in the room and take anywhere or exchange for a cold one at any bar. One note if you bought the wine/bubbly thru BV there is NO corkage fee for the MDR or Steakhouse.

Also note it does not say you cannot take a drink out of your room, just not the bottle!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by bobsfamily

Whether you're not supposed to do it or not....people do. Just like smuggling. The Rum Runner set we purchased came with several smaller containers that just fit in my small purse. I would usually fill it before we headed out for the evening and use my soda card to order a Coke. Then I'd take a couple drinks of it and fill it back up with some Rum from my flask. Have done this in various different bars and out on the Lido deck and never had an issue. I definitely try to be discrete about it though.

Misty

Whether you're not supposed to do it or not....people do. Just like smuggling. The Rum Runner set we purchased came with several smaller containers that just fit in my small purse. I would usually fill it before we headed out for the evening and use my soda card to order a Coke. Then I'd take a couple drinks of it and fill it back up with some Rum from my flask. Have done this in various different bars and out on the Lido deck and never had an issue. I definitely try to be discrete about it though.

Misty

For sure... not saying it doesn't happen. Just the "discrete" part is best!

Yeah I think discretion is key with this one. If you mix a drink in your room, they can't say anything if you bring it with you to the club. But when you start mixing drinks in public, well that just usually doesn't fly. Bring on some cans of soda/juice in each port and mix your drinks in your room :) you'll probably even save some $$ that way. Enjoy the Bon Voyage drinks!

• 2 months later...
Hi guys I was thinking of ordering some rum for my cabin but it says online that it doesn't include tax and some other charge, does anyone know what that would be on a 80$ bottle of rum?

I believe it depends on the tax rate of whichever port you would be sailing out of.