I Need Advice On Accessories

tarheelmjfan

Hi Tammy (I assume it's Tammy and not Kenneth who will be wearing this top),

This is very pretty! I think I'd probably be tempted to skip wearing a necklace or pendant with this top because there is already a lot going on with the beading. I think some delicate chandalier earrings (not too big - don't want to compete with the beading of the top) would look lovely and I would leave it at that.

I'll be interested to see what others say.

I agree with LandLocked; less is more if the Emmy's were any indication. The stars were showing a lot of skin with virtually no necklaces to be found. Everyone is wearing chandalier earrings but you can't go wrong with diamond studs. Whatever you decide, great top.

Hi:) What a beautiful top! And I agree, I don't think you need a necklace

as that embellishment is jewelery on its own.

I also think some delicate chandeliers would be the perfect earring!

Something in crystals or white gold. Defintely a white metal.

IMO no necklace. I do like what Carson said after the emmy's that a bare neck looks elegant. With all the adornment on the top itself I would stick with the already suggested delicate chandelier earrings. Something more simple than fussy.

Thanks for the advice. :) The problem with no necklace is that I feel naked. :o I'm afraid I really won't be comfortable in the top w/o one. I'm a bit modest with my wardrobe, but am trying to spice it up a bit, since DH & I are cruising alone for our anniversary. I'm trying to look like a wife, rather than a Mom. ;) Thanks again :)

If you do want to wear a necklace, I'd wear something delicate and higher up so it doesn't compete too much with the neck line. Something like a simple silver chaing. But I think that no necklace with rhinestone/diamond earrings and a rhinestone bracelet would look great :)

No necklace....it'll be waaaay too much. Earrings the approximate size of the sparkle thing on the middle of the top. Even a straight linear rhinestone, cz, diamond earring will work. A line/tennis-type bracelet will kick it off.

Have a great cruise! ;)

Thanks for the advice. :) The problem with no necklace is that I feel naked. :o I'm afraid I really won't be comfortable in the top w/o one. I'm a bit modest with my wardrobe, but am trying to spice it up a bit, since DH & I are cruising alone for our anniversary. I'm trying to look like a wife, rather than a Mom. ;) Thanks again :)

Lois - Hey, girl!

We're leaving Sunday for a two-week vacation, so I'll be gone when you leave. Have a fabulous cruise and tell us all about it after you get home. Be safe, look gorgeous as usual and have a ball! ;)

Hi:) What a beautiful top! And I agree, I don't think you need a necklace

as that embellishment is jewelery on its own.

I also think some delicate chandeliers would be the perfect earring!

Something in crystals or white gold. Defintely a white metal.

Okay, you guys have me convinced to try it w/o a necklace. :D I'll just leave my hair down & pull it all to the front. Just kidding. ;) I have a tennis bracelet that I can try with it. I'm not sure I have any earrings to go with it, so I'll just have to buy some. Darn! :p I don't have shoes for the outfit yet. I'm thinking ivory with rhinestones. I have silver, but they won't work with the ivory skirt. Thanks again for all your help. You guys are great!!! :D I'll try the top on with a few different combinations & let you know what I decide.

What heel height would you prefer? And max price? Not knowing these things makes it sort of difficult to pinpoint anything for you, but if you try Zappos, you can really narrow things down by size, price, color and heel height.

I thought this one was especially pretty and very reasonably priced, but that heel height- OUCH!

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/2688403/c/5.html

Hi Joyce,

I need about a 2 to 2 1/2 in. heel, & prefer wider heals. I have a bad back & the wider heels seem to help. As for a price range, I wouldn't want to pay a lot for a pair of shoes to wear with one outfit. However, if they were really comfortable, I would. I probably wouldn't want to go over $75 or so. BTW, I wear a size 5, if I can get a wide shoe. If not, a 5 1/2. Thanks for helping. :)

The top is very pretty and I agree, no necklace necessary.

For shoes, I would do a metallic, no rhinestones, the top is a bit too casual for that. I also find that shoes with rhinestones a little too fussy and only wearable with one outfit. A burnished gold or pewter would look lovely and you will be surprised at how often you will reach for a metallic shoe. They can be worn with skirts, dresses, slacks, jeans.

Something like this:146984.jpgOr, even though this one has rhinestones:

146249.jpg

Oooh, I hadn't thought of a metallic shoe, Kathy. Good idea! I like the first one- very pretty and the heel isn't too high.

I think if this were my top, I'd wear it with a black skirt. If you have one, Tammy, that might make your shoe hunting and packing easier. Just a thought, but I'll peek at shoes at Zappos in your size and price range and see if I come up with more recommendations.

I do have a black skirt, & my black heels are my most comfortable. A definite plus! :D The only thing is, I already have 2 or 3 (can't decide on the 3rd) beaded tops to wear with it. That skirt would be getting a lot of laundering on a 9 night cruise. :p My DH likes the ivory skirt with the top, but to be honest, I really don't. :o I also have a white skirt that I thought I'd try with it. I already have shoes to wear with that skirt too. BTW, I have silver & gold shoes already, but no other metallics. I'll try all 3 skirts on for DH & let him decide. After all, I'm dressing for him this trip. ;) Inside I'll probably be pulling for the black skirt, just because I love the shoes. :D Thanks again for all your advice.

Update:

I tried on all 3 skirts with the top. DH couldn't decide between the ivory & black skirt. DS spoke up & said the black looked best. DH finally agreed & I definitely do. It looks much better. You guys were right! :D Thanks for the great advice. :)

Archived