Cabins near elevator

kpollock1981

I have booked a room on the Carnival Sunshine and have been placed in cabin 1551. It is directly at the elevator and was curious as to whether this would be a noisy area. I have never stayed near the elevators before and don't know if they can be heard inside the cabin.

We have stayed close to elevators and even had an extended balcony on the Miracle that was behind the elevators and have never had a problem with noise from the elevators. We have heard noise from musicians in the lobby when the atrium/elevator area was open to our floor.

Noise from the elevators themselves was not an issue in our last cruise. However, noise from "traffic" was (loud people walking down the corridor to their cabin). The closer you are to the elevator, the more traffic you'll get in the corridor.

Said that, the noise from people was nothing compared with the cabin from hell (Valor 8297) where we were woken up every morning at 5:50am when they were setting the chairs around the swimming pool. So, what's above you is more important than the elevator... And1551 has a cabin above, so you should be good. Enjoy your cruise!

I have booked a room on the Carnival Sunshine and have been placed in cabin 1551. It is directly at the elevator and was curious as to whether this would be a noisy area. I have never stayed near the elevators before and don't know if they can be heard inside the cabin.

I almost always stay near the elevators and no appreciable extra noise because of them.

I was on the Inspiration and was put in a room that backed to the elevators. I thought this was going to be an issue but never once heard the elevators.

If you are a lite sleeper bring earplugs. All the noise I heard was from loud passengers walking in the hallway.

I stay near the elevators mid ship never had a problem but like one post said the location of your cabin is more important. My PVP said to avoid deck 8 mid ship because of the noise on the lido deck especially when the chairs are being set up and taken down.

Gary

Noise from the elevators themselves was not an issue in our last cruise. However, noise from "traffic" was (loud people walking down the corridor to their cabin). The closer you are to the elevator, the more traffic you'll get in the corridor.

Said that, the noise from people was nothing compared with the cabin from hell (Valor 8297) where we were woken up every morning at 5:50am when they were setting the chairs around the swimming pool. So, what's above you is more important than the elevator... And1551 has a cabin above, so you should be good. Enjoy your cruise!

Couldn't agree with you more. We always book below another floor of cabins. Never again will we be the top floor of cabins, especially with the pool above. That combined with noise from the lobby left us with minimal sleep our entire vacation. Never heard the elevators though.

We have stayed close to elevators and even had an extended balcony on the Miracle that was behind the elevators and have never had a problem with noise from the elevators. We have heard noise from musicians in the lobby when the atrium/elevator area was open to our floor.

Same for us. We actually prefer midship and just off the elevator lobby and have never had a serious problem with noise.

If you booked with an agent they should have told you not to book that cabin because of the noise from above a PVP should have know that also.

Gary.

Take earplugs. The cabin doors have a huge grate in them and you will hear absolutely everything that happens in the hall.

I don't recall any of the doors, on the ships I've been on, with a huge grate in it..

Which ship are you talking about.....

I have been in many cabins next to the elevators and the noise is no more than any other location I have stayed in.

Edited by hbrote

We had a room by the elevator once and loved it. It was very convenient. It's not the noise from the elevator you need to worry about, it's the noisy people you should worry about. Unfortunately they can be anywhere at any time. It doesn't matter where you book your room, there can be a noisy person. Thankfully, it's generally a noisy person passing through the hallways and the noise doesn't last.

If you like the room you booked, keep it. Those hallways get really long when you walk them several times a day to get to your room, so it can be quite nice to be by the elevator.

• 11 months later...

People make noise not the elevators.

We had a room near the elevator on Splendor earlier this month & it was very convenient & no noise issues at all.

I had a HC cabin (guarantee assignment) on the Valor & that one was slightly annoying at times. The way the HC cabin was placed we were closer to the elevator than regular rooms that were around a corner from the elevator lobby. We did hear the elevator dinging constantly. I'm not one to be disturbed by this so I got used to it quickly & it wasnt an issue but I see how it may be for some.

I was across the elevators on the Wonder. I hear everything and could faintly make out the "dings". Two pillows on both sides of the head helps control the noise.

At hotels, I request rooms away from elevators and away from foot traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums