Upsell on the prinsendam

wesport

After the third rounds of up sells on the prinsendam, I finally bit the bullet. Had a vista suite cat A. Three up sells to a signature suite were $1249, $999, and then $699. For 29 days, I took the 699. Ended up with SS 38 which is an accessible cabin. One floor up in the middle of the ship. Originally had 138. Any thoughts on any major differences? It only has a shower which is fine. I know doors will be wider. Would the main cabin be similar to the pictures on the web? Thoughts! With 29 days, I think the extra room will be nice regardless.

Richard

After the third rounds of up sells on the prinsendam, I finally bit the bullet. Had a vista suite cat A. Three up sells to a signature suite were $1249, $999, and then $699. For 29 days, I took the 699. Ended up with SS 38 which is an accessible cabin. One floor up in the middle of the ship. Originally had 138. Any thoughts on any major differences? It only has a shower which is fine. I know doors will be wider. Would the main cabin be similar to the pictures on the web? Thoughts! With 29 days, I think the extra room will be nice regardless.

Richard

Richard, when do you set sail? We're hoping for an up sell option on our Dec. 19th cruise.

I haven't looked at that room, but as someone that purchases handicap rooms I can say they typically have a little less furniture in them. I was originally booked in a signature suite on the westerdam and would have lost the couch, one sink and the tub. I took an upsell to a Neptune though and choose to forgo the handicap accessibility since it has a shower stall and plenty of space for me to maneuver and store my scooter.

Hopefully someone with more direct experience with this so will come along since I am by no means an expert on HAL ships. :)

Richard

It will be similar with a bit less furniture. The SS cabins are very nice on the P'dam. Enjoy :) and congratulations :)