World Series on Breakaway?

cookmg40

I too am curious about this. I was on a CCL ship in April and they had only a few sports channels, they didn't even carry ESPN or anything for the Hockey playoffs.

I'm on the NCL star over xmas and I am curious as to the availability of a sports bar, I love watching sports at sea :)

Edited by jetter2

I too am curious about this. I was on a CCL ship in April and they had only a few sports channels, they didn't even carry ESPN or anything for the Hockey playoffs.

I'm on the NCL star over xmas and I am curious as to the availability of a sports bar, I love watching sports at sea :)

You may want to develop an interest in Cricket or Rugby....

They showed neither the Yankees vs. Astros Wild Card game nor the first two games of the Mets vs. Dodgers NLDS series on the Breakaway during our 10/4 to 10/11 cruise.

In past years we were able to see MLB postseason games on NCL ships so we wre disappointed when they didn't carry the games this year.

Can anyone confirm if the World Series will be shown on the Breakaway?

Some die-hard Mets fans need to know[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably will have it on. I remember the NBA finals were shown in the atrium and O'Sheehans when I was on Breakaway in June.

I would most likely think so. Even though the WS is on Fox in the US I'm pretty sure espn Caribbean still has the Caribbean US WS rights (that is usually a channel on NCL ships). the reason so much soccer/cricket is shown on the ship is because it is the Caribbean version of ESPN.

In the past I've been on different NCL ships in the fall and the earlier rounds are sometimes not offered but the two times I've been on ships during the series it as been. It has been a few years so this could have changed, but that has been my experience.

LGM!

I would most likely think so. Even though the WS is on Fox in the US I'm pretty sure espn Caribbean still has the Caribbean US WS rights (that is usually a channel on NCL ships). the reason so much soccer/cricket is shown on the ship is because it is the Caribbean version of ESPN.

In the past I've been on different NCL ships in the fall and the earlier rounds are sometimes not offered but the two times I've been on ships during the series it as been. It has been a few years so this could have changed, but that has been my experience.

LGM!

The problem is they were no longer carrying ESPN Caribbean on the BA when we cruised earlier this month.

In April and May there were many disappointed Canadians on the Sun, many having to wait until the Stardust theater show was over and then the hockey scores were announced by the CD. He even announced rugby scores for the Australians.

Ugh that's annoying , did they replace with another sports channel or is there no sports at all on? Not even soccer / Cricket?

Yes they replaced it with a channel that had soccer, cricket, etc. They also still showed national NFL games...Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football, and as I recall the Jets and Giants, since they're the local NY teams...but no baseball.