Vigo

CRUISIN LINDA

Has anyone any ideas for what to do in Vigo, bearing in mind P&O's annoying habit of not telling you exactly what times you will be in port ;) and that it will be late November when we go.

We have already been to Bayona on IOTS

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Has anyone any ideas for what to do in Vigo, bearing in mind P&O's annoying habit of not telling you exactly what times you will be in port ;) and that it will be late November when we go.

We have already been to Bayona on IOTS

You could wander round the moderately interesting town as you dock right in the centre. The best trip seems to be to Santiago De xxxxxxx, sorry cannot remember the spelling. We've also seen Segway tours from the dock and having done one in Lisbon last month we are hooked on segwaying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did Santiago del Compostela On Your Own so we just had the coach there. We really enjoyed just wandering round, as the town is bustling and interesting. We had a lovely Tapas lunch with local wine in a bar along the street that leads from the square. The Cathedral is also well worth a visit and there's various historic buildings around it

There are nice shops and the ships dock in the town, but if it was my first time to that part of Spain I would go to Santiago de Compostela.

Vigo is famous for fish and seafood so a nice lunch washed down with a delicious Albariño bottle of wine would appeal to me.

I love this part of Spain even if it does rain a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from a cruise on Ventura which docked at Vigo. I'd been there before and was underwhelmed on that occasion. This time I searched online for something to do and came across a company that did tours of Vigo for only 15 euros per person and booked it for a 3 euros deposit. This turned out to be a really good tour and great value.

Whilst I still regard Vigo as a bit of a 'filler' destination with nothing of any great interest there, this tour left me with a more positive opinion than the one I formed when I was last there. I would certainly recommend the company Tours 4 Cruisers which can be found at http://tours4cruisers.com/en/

Just back from a cruise on Ventura which docked at Vigo. I'd been there before and was underwhelmed on that occasion. This time I searched online for something to do and came across a company that did tours of Vigo for only 15 euros per person and booked it for a 3 euros deposit. This turned out to be a really good tour and great value.

Whilst I still regard Vigo as a bit of a 'filler' destination with nothing of any great interest there, this tour left me with a more positive opinion than the one I formed when I was last there. I would certainly recommend the company Tours 4 Cruisers which can be found at http://tours4cruisers.com/en/

This appears to me a third party company selling excursions mainly to the German market. Looks like a one woman band formed at the beginning of 2015. On the web page the contact details only list a mobile number. Personally, I would not book with this company.

Bourdieu

That company looks like a one woman organisation acting as a third party. The company was only formed this year and appears to cater more for the German market. The contact telephone number on their website only lists a mobile number. Personally, I wouldn't book with them.

Depending on the time you have in Vigo you could go to Santiago de Compostela by train. Uphill mainly to station so a taxi would be useful then a walk from the station at Santiago to reach Cathedral. For refreshments we went into the Parador just near the Cathedral and then had a drink in a side street away from tourists. Train journey is about one hour and reasonably priced. Last time in Vigo we walked uphill from the town for good views over the town and then when back in the town found an old bar to have a drink in. Very Spanish with no tourists. Vigo, once away from the port, is quite hilly.