Extra cabin fan

evergladesgator

I just ordered from eBay the O2 Cool 5" fan. It takes 2 D batteries. I read some reviews on it and it seemed like it would be a powerful battery powered fan, but after I received it and tested it, I don't think it is going to work. (unless I have it inches away from my face)

I don't cruise until December 13, so I'll respond back here if I find another that is my powerful.

I use this one too. I always buy a new fan for each cruise with the box still sealed. Never had a problem...

I kept the original box, dust off the fan right before a cruise and put in the box. As far as they know, it's new. It goes in my carry-on.

If you take a fan on board, does it HAVE to be new/in box?

No, but since you're at the mercy of the port workers who can on a whim decide that your unboxed fan looks "unsafe", I prefer to go the conservative route and box it up to at least give the appearance that it's new (or at least not "unsafe"). ;)

What type of extra fan y'all take for extra air flow in your cabin ? USB type charger ? What size ? Brand ? From Ebay ?

thanks

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556100539.html

I use this. It has a magnetic base so it will stick to the cabin wall. It dosen't move a lot of air but it's enough to cool your face at night. I have a small usb battery pack I plug in to and it lasts several nights before I have to recharge. Frys electronics usually has them in stock.

Edited by CRJ700

This one goes with me:

http://www.amazon.com/Vornado-Flippi-Personal-Circulator-Passion/dp/B000YKH090/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1445552583&sr=8-11&keywords=vornado

I've never had a problem, but recent reports are that you have to take it in your carry-on.

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

• 5 weeks later...