Private Cabana on HAL Half Moon Cay

irishkairishka

Hello,

we would like to rent private cabana at Hal Moon Cay while on HAL westeram. the price is $299 for 4 people and if there are more than 4 people in the party you need to pay $50 extra per person to add. we are group of 16 and wondering if anyone know if it would be possible just to buy cabana and not to pay for extra people? otherwise it comes out to $225 per family if we were to add all the people in our group which is too expensive for us. Please help

I believe they have a much larger one for family's. Of course it would be more and then there are also the double decker one's, which I believe have a hot tub. Both should be listed on HAL's site' Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Helen

There is no way the regular cabanas can accommodate 16 people. They are not that large even the newer two level.

You would be a perfect group to rent the large group cabana. Have you thought about that? I'm not up to date on the current pricing but it might be manageable with such a large group sharing the cost.

Edited by sail7seas

I believe they have a much larger one for family's. Of course it would be more and then there are also the double decker one's, which I believe have a hot tub. Both should be listed on HAL's site'
The double-decker Villa cabanas are $550 for 8 people, plus $46 per extra, for a total of $918 IF they will allow 8 extra. The Oasis is rated for 12 people for $1400, but I don't know what the surcharge is for more people or what the maximum capacity is.

Edited by jtl513

I'm not sure you've been to Half Moon Cay before, but you should know the cabanas are small. There is enough room for 4 people (there is a table and 4 chairs), and you will have 2 loungers. If your group of 16 is planning on converging on the cabana, it's going to look like an ant hill. It is also rather disconcerting that you're going to try to sneak in an additional 12 people when you are only paying for 4. I'd forget about the cabana, and just enjoy the beach (the majority of people do just that), where there is plenty of room, sun, and shade for everyone.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

As others have said, you wouldn't fit. And they would notice. Part of the cabana package is an attendant that brings you drinks, snacks, etc.

You wouldnt fit, you wouldn't have enough food....it just would not work at all.

There are two story family cabanas, or you could have 4 of you in the cabana and the rest out on the beach. 16 at once, though? No, not even if you all stood up in it together!

This is a regular cabana for up to 4 guests (pay extra for additional people):

Pride19.jpg

Beach Villa for up to 8 guests (pay extra for additional people, maximum 14):

half-moon-cay-beach-villas.jpg

Private Oasis for up to 12 guests (pay extra for additional people, maximum 25):

Cabana6-604x331.jpg