My 11 Day POA Plan -Opinions Welcome

sjmbruce

Everyone on here has been so helpful, thank you all! I am sure I will have more questions as I work out the fine details.

Here is my plan. Hopefully it will help a little bit for others planning the same trip.

Please, critique and judge the heck out of it. Any advice is appreciated!

Day 1: Honolulu - fly in, rent a car, hotel, dinner, beach and walking around

Day 2: Oahu - Diamond Head, North Shore drive

Day 3: Oahu -hit a beach we missed due to crowding, Polyn. Cultural Center

Day 4: Oahu - sleep in, check out, return car, head to port

Day 5: Maui - Hana Hwy, possibly Haleakala Ntl. Park if time

Day 6: Maui - possibly Haleakala Ntl Park if we keep car 2 days, whale watch

Day 7: Hilo - Akaka, Kahuna & Rainbow falls, Richardson State Park, VNP

Day 8: Kona - shuttle to beach & snorkel

Day 9: Kauai - Na Pali boat & snorkel tour

Day 10:Kauai - helicopter ride

Day 11: disembark, head home

Looks good - just a couple of thoughts -

The Road to Hana is usually an all day trip, but if you do just a part of it, you might have time for Haleakala as well.

On your Hilo day, if you do your stops in the order mentioned, I think you might run out of time for VNP. If VNP is a priority, I'd go there first and then see how much time you have afterwards for other stops.

For your Kona stop, the best beaches are on the S. Kohala coast - worth renting a car there for the day to visit some great beaches and explore a bit more.

Enjoy :)

Everyone on here has been so helpful, thank you all! I am sure I will have more questions as I work out the fine details.

Here is my plan. Hopefully it will help a little bit for others planning the same trip.

Please, critique and judge the heck out of it. Any advice is appreciated!

Day 1: Honolulu - fly in, rent a car, hotel, dinner, beach and walking around

Day 2: Oahu - Diamond Head, North Shore drive

Day 3: Oahu -hit a beach we missed due to crowding, Polyn. Cultural Center

Day 4: Oahu - sleep in, check out, return car, head to port

Day 5: Maui - Hana Hwy, possibly Haleakala Ntl. Park if time

Day 6: Maui - possibly Haleakala Ntl Park if we keep car 2 days, whale watch

Day 7: Hilo - Akaka, Kahuna & Rainbow falls, Richardson State Park, VNP

Day 8: Kona - shuttle to beach & snorkel

Day 9: Kauai - Na Pali boat & snorkel tour

Day 10:Kauai - helicopter ride

Day 11: disembark, head home

Thanks for sharing. I know when I am feeling overwhelmed with planning, seeing an itinerary like this helps me get started.

You might also consider positing this on the thread with other itineraries:

Hawaiian Itineraries

It would be nice to keep this thread active and closer to the top of the boards!

I always enjoy the Road to Hana and greatly enjoy it. IF you don't have other interests, it's a great plan.

However,- you are missing some of the best snorkeling, by doing so little in Kona, it's not the place to waste a day, especially with your port area destination mention.

My favorite drive up, jump in spot is 2 Step. Just superb snorkeling. Bonus of being near Place of Refuge, a historical sight. Add a Coffee stop, Painted Church, and scenic driving, you can have an enhanced day.

I don't find much attracts me to Oahu, (you also make no mention of Pearl Harbor?), so I would also suggest if, you determine, you want a great snorkel trip- then fly into Kona, instead of Honolulu, and spend your extra days there. Could still split between Oahu- if of interest. Interisland flights are cheap. :) I just about always fly into Kona, an additional week, then add another week after the cruise in Maui. :)

As others have said, we took the zodiac snorkeling trip through the ship last minute and it was great! I don't usually take ship tours or recommend them, but this is an exception.

On Oahu, you must do Pearl Harbor! I have zero interest in history, but it was truly moving.

Again for Oahu, I would return the car the night before you head to the port, this saves you some $ and makes things less stressful the next day!

Maui: Haleakala is a must do. This was one of our favorite spots and we were lucky enough to have a perfectly clear day! The road to Hana is just so so. It is a lot of driving, but if you want to do it keep it on the first day. We made the mistake of trying to do it on our second day and we were rushed all day! Also, make sure you get back to the port before 6 if you want free parking at the port!

Kauai: I recommend doing a wings over kauai flight. It is cheaper than a helicopter and we enjoyed it so much more (we've done both)

Sorry if this is all over the place! Have a place, this is truly and amazing trip!