Adding 3rd and 4th guests

Does anyone know what the pricing policy/practice is regarding adding 3rd and 4th guests to an existing reservation? I made a reservation in June and want to add other guests but i don't know if I can add them at the current promotion (30% off) or if they will be added based on some other criteria. I don't know if the addition will cause my reservation to be entirely repriced. Id like some advice so that when I call Royal I can suss out if what they're telling me is correct.

Does anyone know what the pricing policy/practice is regarding adding 3rd and 4th guests to an existing reservation? I made a reservation in June and want to add other guests but i don't know if I can add them at the current promotion (30% off) or if they will be added based on some other criteria. I don't know if the addition will cause my reservation to be entirely repriced. Id like some advice so that when I call Royal I can suss out if what they're telling me is correct.

The cabins will be repriced with the current fares. That means that if the cabin has increased in base fare, they will start from there, then apply the 30% discount as it stands now.

Please be aware that not all cabins can accommodate 3 passengers or 4 passengers. If your cabins hold only two, you will have to change cabins, and probably change category, truly 'starting over'.

Thanks so much. I was HOPING that i could add the additional guests at the discounted rate without touching the fare for guests 1 and 2. Wishful thinking.

Check the pricing carefully. It may be possible that it is cheaper just to get a second cabin as opposed to adding the 3red and 4th to your reservation and having that repriced.

Thanks so much. I was HOPING that i could add the additional guests at the discounted rate without touching the fare for guests 1 and 2. Wishful thinking.

Call and ask the rep for a price on your cat with Quad occupancy - then you can compare.

Id also price the second cabin as a double as suggested

I have done this twice, adding a 3rd & 4th. They tried to reprice the whole cruise to current prices. I argued with them that I was not changing anything on the 1st 2 passengers, just adding the others, and they finally agreed to leave them the same. I did this through the crown & anchor desk but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. It doesn't hurt to try. Like pervious poster said, call and compare.

In the past when we traveled with our 2 dds in the 3rd and 4th bunk, it was a standard % off our fare, (maybe 30%? I can't remember exactly). That was when we booked them all at the same time. Now that they are older, on our last cruise we booked them in an inside cabin across the hall, and were shocked to find out when we priced it that it cost less than if they had taken the 3rd and 4th bunks!! Plus, we had a lot more space and most importantly, an extra bathroom when everyone was trying to get ready. So I would definitely look into that as others have said--you may be surprised at the cost savings. :)

Edited by xSoCalGal