Godfrey vs. Air Force 1 Tours

TardisDance

Has anyone recently take either of these tours?

I'm leaning towards Godfrey, because they go not only to Mountain top but also include admission to the botanical garden. Also, free drinks.

It looks like Air Force 1 tours goes to Mountain top as well, but instead, they go to Crown mountain. The website isn't very specific. Do they go anywhere else?

I'm a bit hesitant with Godrey though because of some recent reviews indicating the tour guide was a no show.

I'm not a beach person, so this part doesn't matter to me. I want to sightsee mainly, perhaps shop. I've ruled out Sunny Liston because of others said he blares loud music.

If anyone has other guides to suggest, please do. This will be my first time to St. Thomas.

How many in your group? Been a long time since I was on Air Force 1, but he made other stops. We keep in touch, and he told me he's added new stops.

Try davidsfuntours.com (recommended by a friend) and supertaxiservice.com. They have good websites, but I haven't tried either. David has good reviews in TripAdvisor. Haven't checked other tour yet for reviews.

How many in your group? Been a long time since I was on Air Force 1, but he made other stops. We keep in touch, and he told me he's added new stops.

Try davidsfuntours.com (recommended by a friend) and supertaxiservice.com. They have good websites, but I haven't tried either. David has good reviews in TripAdvisor. Haven't checked other tour yet for reviews.

It's just 2 of us, myself and my husband. We were considering Godfrey or Air Force 1 because they are much lower than cruise excursions. I'm not interested in private tours at this point due to the price tag.

You should contact them to see if they have a group you can join. If not, you can always take a tour offered by taxi drivers at the dock, but if you want a tour that includes beach stop, walk around at the Have insight dock for a bit until taxi drivers approach you. You can then ask about their tours instead of being herded onto a tour by the dispatcher.

Has anyone recently take either of these tours?

I'm leaning towards Godfrey, because they go not only to Mountain top but also include admission to the botanical garden. Also, free drinks.

It looks like Air Force 1 tours goes to Mountain top as well, but instead, they go to Crown mountain. The website isn't very specific. Do they go anywhere else?

I'm a bit hesitant with Godrey though because of some recent reviews indicating the tour guide was a no show.

I'm not a beach person, so this part doesn't matter to me. I want to sightsee mainly, perhaps shop. I've ruled out Sunny Liston because of others said he blares loud music.

If anyone has other guides to suggest, please do. This will be my first time to St. Thomas.

We did Godfrey Tours in March, and we had Godfrey himself as the tour guide. Godfrey will give you a coupon for a Free Banana Daiquiri at Mountain Top. Best Banana Daiquiri EVER! You also get a free Rum Punch or Virgin Punch at the Botanical Gardens. We had the choice of beach to be dropped off near the end of the tour, we chose Magens Bay. Some people chose Coki and some people chose to go back to the ship. He returned to pick us up when promised, we enjoyed the tour and his knowledge of the island.

We did Godfrey Tours in March, and we had Godfrey himself as the tour guide. Godfrey will give you a coupon for a Free Banana Daiquiri at Mountain Top. Best Banana Daiquiri EVER! You also get a free Rum Punch or Virgin Punch at the Botanical Gardens. We had the choice of beach to be dropped off near the end of the tour, we chose Magens Bay. Some people chose Coki and some people chose to go back to the ship. He returned to pick us up when promised, we enjoyed the tour and his knowledge of the island.

On his site, he mentions seeing Bluebeard's castle, Blackbeard's castle, etc. along the way to Mountain Top. Does he actually stop at these places so pictures can be taken? Was the botanical garden worth seeing? The Tripadvisor pictures look like it's not particularly big - I've been to the ones in Bermuda and Niagara Falls, and they were huge.

I'm struggling to find anything on Crown mountain, so I'm still learning toward Godfrey. It's hard to decide though!

Tardis: St Thomas is not a big place, so attractions may be smaller-on the outside :D. Crown Mountain is a residential area. Mountain Top is on St Peter Mountain.

LOL I'm such a planner that I have to know everything about everything! Thanks for the laugh :D Based on the pictures, I thought Crown Mountain might be residential and had wondered why tour would take you there. I guess to get the real feel of the island?

On his site, he mentions seeing Bluebeard's castle, Blackbeard's castle, etc. along the way to Mountain Top. Does he actually stop at these places so pictures can be taken? Was the botanical garden worth seeing? The Tripadvisor pictures look like it's not particularly big - I've been to the ones in Bermuda and Niagara Falls, and they were huge.

I'm struggling to find anything on Crown mountain, so I'm still learning toward Godfrey. It's hard to decide though!

Yes, he does stop at a look out point so you can see Blackbeard's castle and tells you all about it. But we didn't actually go there. Botanical Garden was beautiful and I thought it was plenty large enough. Totally worth seeing.

My only complaint with this tour was that it was very rushed. But that was probably due to the fact that our ship was 1 hour late getting into St. Thomas. I felt we didn't have enough time at Mountain Top or Botanical garden. And one of the most annoying things was when Godfrey would tell you to meet back at the bus at a certain time, and then another group doesn't come back on time and you are sitting waiting for them. Of course that's not Godfrey's fault.

Godfrey's tour was fantastic and I would not hesitate to book it again.

We've used Godfrey twice. The last time was a mess. It was a Sunday and he had someone else driving. That guys speaker was broken and it was just poorly executed due to the mishaps. They did give extra time at the beach even though we didn't do that your and they tried to fix the issues.

• 3 months later...

We ended up booking with Godfrey, Tour #1. We had Hajji as our guide. He showed up on time and offered us a special of $25, basically the tour of the botanical gardens and mountain top without the free banana daquiri (normally $35 with the drink). We gladly took it since we went on the NCL Breakaway and had a free beverage package. I liked the tour for the most part, except I felt the stop at the botanical garden was too short. There was a downstairs area I would have liked to see, but we only had 15 minutes to tour by ourselves.