Group Cruise ideas

texasnana

Husband and I are planning a class reunion for 2017. I have not contacted Carnival yet. Has anyone ever planned a group cruise for 10 cabins? What is the advantage of doing a group cruise vs just cabins. Do you get any perks for groups...:)

Don't herd cats. Use a TA or book thru Carnival Groups Department. Let everyone be responsible for their own booking and the TA or Carnival person will deal with the nitty-gritty.

Yes, there are perks. Many, but not all, fares are eligible to be used for a group rate.

Perks are things like a cocktail party, OBC, photo or drink coupons, wine, logo items. We use our perk as a charity fundraiser.

Edited by SadieN

SadieN said it right. Don't try to heard cats. I do our family vacation every other year. It is almost impossible to make everyone happy. Let a TA or a Carnival PVP handle everything. And cb at sea is correct one free berth for every (not sure if it is 8 or 10 ) staterooms booked.

The free berth money depends on the time of year. Sometimes we've received 1 for five cabins. This is during the low season.

The money is the commissionable part of the fare. Not the non- commissionable part or taxes and fees. It arrives 6 weeks after the cruise. Some TA's will front the money, knowing a check is forthcoming.