Staying In Touch While Cruising

teacher2cruiser

We will be on the Dawn Nov 22-29, and I can see the prices of wireless on the NCL site. Is the price the same to use the ship's computers in their Internet Cafe? I don't see a separate price for that?

Carnival had a webpage that passengers could use for free for staying in touch. Does NCL have anything like that? Any suggestions for inexpensive ways to keep in contact?

Cell phone use is more than I want to spend.

Thanks!

We will be on the Dawn Nov 22-29, and I can see the prices of wireless on the NCL site. Is the price the same to use the ship's computers in their Internet Cafe? I don't see a separate price for that?

Carnival had a webpage that passengers could use for free for staying in touch. Does NCL have anything like that? Any suggestions for inexpensive ways to keep in contact?

Cell phone use is more than I want to spend.

Thanks!

The internet price is the same whether you use your own device or the ship's computers.

NCL does not have a 'staying in touch' web page.

Many passengers have a texting package from their cellphone provider that makes texting an inexpensive way to stay in touch.

Same price from your phone or ships Internet cafe.

If you have a lot of port days, cheaper to get an international phone plan and send those messages when you are in/near a supported country. Or check if your carrier has an agreement with NCL for the same.

Otherwise a small plan on ship can be easily shared between multiple devices to burst out email a few times a day.

Some people spend part of their shore time hunting down free or cheap wifi in the ports. I do not want to spend my port time doing this.

Leave your phone in airplane mode - connect to free wifi at most restaurants, attractions in the ports and send your messages then. There will only be a couple of days you can't do that where you are out at sea. I guess it depends on why you need to keep in touch as to how much you want to spend to stay in touch.

Even if you have an international plan, the ships cell service doesn't count toward that plan. That would only work in the ports as I understand it.

Have a fun trip - we are on the Dawn on 11/29.

Tell the rest of your party your plans for the day...that way, they will know whereabouts you might be! You really don't need immediate and constant contact....the public areas aren't that extensive..you'll find the rest of your party.