Our upgrade on Queen Victoria

Mateybubbles

Hello everyone,

We are sailing on the Queen Victoria to the canaries with my parents on 16th November.

We originally booked the cheapest inside that was available and picked cabin 4017 as it seemed the best option for what was left at that price.

Earlier this month we were upgraded to a deluxe inside, cabin 1073 and we're delighted as this cabin appears much larger than the one we booked and is midship.

My only concern is the white space beside the cabin and read a review based on this cabin in the Queen Elizabeth whereby the author stated this cabin was very noisy and mentioned noises like toilets flushing frequently.

I know these are 2 different ships but I'm a bit worried that we may have a noisy cabin which would be awful for my husband as he really needs his rest due to a medical condition.

We have always been lucky apart from our cabin on MSC magnifica whereby there was some sort of crew corridor beside our cabin and we could hear people walking on a metal walkway throughout the night. This was a white space on the deck plan.

If anyone has any information on this cabin I would be very grateful.

Thanks

I have no info I'm afraid apart from I can't see any public loos above your cabin according to the deck plan so I'm guessing hearing toilets flush is more of a "any cabin scenario" if your immediate neighbours need to use it a lot, I personally would always go with a bigger cabin and hope for the best...I'm on the same cruise by the way not long now..

Thanks for your reply, 3 weeks today we should be enjoying a glass of wine in our hotel near Southampton- really cannot wait!

I just hope the white space next to us isn't noisy! The review I read about this cabin on QE stated the noise seemed so much more than just another cabins toilet but as they had booked a guaranteed cabin they didn't bother to raise the issue.

They did say however that there was an out of date cruise newspaper in their cabin and when they gave it to their cabin attendant they were advised that this cabin had been unoccupied on the previous sailing which made them think it wasn't a desireable cabin.

Ah well we will just need to take our chances and wait and see - unless of course we get upgraded again :D

Having had a look at the deck plans, there IS a gents cludgie almost above you, at the entrance to the Queens Room.

They are still selling cabins, so why not give them a call and tell them what you told us. You never know.....

Incidentally, I went to NYC on QM2 a few weeks ago. Only insides were available as we booked last minute. However, once on board, I was able to upgrade to a balcony for a trifling $500 for two!!! so if all else fails, go to the purser's desk on 1 Deck and register for an upgrade AS SOON AS YOU BOARD.

BTW, don't forget the roll call, and are we all meeting up?

Stewart

PS we're in 8165

Hello everyone,

We are sailing on the Queen Victoria to the canaries with my parents on 16th November.

We originally booked the cheapest inside that was available and picked cabin 4017 as it seemed the best option for what was left at that price.

Earlier this month we were upgraded to a deluxe inside, cabin 1073 and we're delighted as this cabin appears much larger than the one we booked and is midship.

My only concern is the white space beside the cabin and read a review based on this cabin in the Queen Elizabeth whereby the author stated this cabin was very noisy and mentioned noises like toilets flushing frequently.

I know these are 2 different ships but I'm a bit worried that we may have a noisy cabin which would be awful for my husband as he really needs his rest due to a medical condition.

We have always been lucky apart from our cabin on MSC magnifica whereby there was some sort of crew corridor beside our cabin and we could hear people walking on a metal walkway throughout the night. This was a white space on the deck plan.

Thanks

The deluxe insides are great - a fabulous space for an inside, although those on decks 6 & 8 are the ones I have looked at in the past.

I'm sure a past passenger in one of these will respond, but space wise it is much better than a standard inside. Trust all goes well for you.

Thanks everyone for your replies, yes we have joined the rollcall :D I wouldn't imagine my parents will though as when we went on our first cruise with them last October my dad said to me "I've never met anyone who can talk to as many people as you two!" Oops!

I've sent Cunard a wee email just asking for reassurance but not wanting to sound ungrateful as the extra space will be such a luxury for us on a 2 week cruise- even having the sofa to sit on to eat breakfast instead of balancing it on the bed.

Looking forward to the bathrobes too so the poor cabin attendant doesn't have to endure my husband answering the door in his boxer shorts when our breakfast gets delivered :eek:

Those deluxe inside cabins really are nice. If my deck plan book is up to date, you have been upgraded to a GB cabin. You can request to be moved to any available GB cabin. You might do a booking for your cruise date, and see what cabins are available in the GB category. If you see one that looks like a better location, ask Cunard to move you to that cabin. Or you can ask Cunard if there are other GB cabins available on your date. Good luck in finding a great cabin in a quiet area. Have a fabulous voyage on the QV.

Hi Mateybubbles,

I've read that review as well and was concerned when we had a delux inside guarantee on QE but we ended up in 1058 and it was fine.

But back to QV. We've been in 1074(twice) and 1078 and never heard any sounds coming through the wall from that central white space between us and your cabin. One night we did think we could hear music from the Queens Room above but the harder we listened the less we were sure. It was that quiet. I await your report when you return with interest.

This is a much larger cabin than your original one and we find the squarer layout gives much more usable space.

Cabin 1078

CabC.jpg

CabB.jpg

CabA.jpg

Regards, Colin.

I stayed in 1073 for 12 nights in April of this year. I never experienced any noise coming from the blank space. The only time there was any noise was when people were passing through the corridor coming from or going to the Royal Court Theatre events.

Nancy

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Hi Matey Bubbles., here is the position of your stateroom from the Hull Drawings showing the room next to yours. It looks like a storage room with lots of cupboards, not a room I remember being inside or seeing, but I would be confident it won't be a problem for you.

These larger inside rooms are definately worth while very roomy and I really like the position of one deck. I hope you have a great trip.

Roscoe

IMG_0002.jpg.6468749429061a43d97dd16b879b4e33.jpg

Midship and low and looks enormous all that room at the foot of the bed, what could be better if you like inside, the storage area would most likely be where the crew keep the replacements ie shampoo etc possibly that is what someone has heard going in and out for various things in the course of their morning routine. The crew mostly finish up by midday as they have to have some time off so the hustle and bustle is not there in the afternoon nap time and similar evenings. Have a good trip

Thank you all so much for your very helpful replies. Sorry for the delay but I've had a real problem trying to log in to cruise critic on my iPad but finally managed it via safari.

The photographs of the cabin look amazing and we are getting very excited now. Mum and dad were round for dinner last night and all we talked about was our upcoming cruise.

I received an email back from Cunard advising that the white space is a crew cabin/office.

So grateful for our upgrade and if anyone has any insider tips for our first time with Cunard, we would love to hear them :D

Thank you all so much for your very helpful replies. Sorry for the delay but I've had a real problem trying to log in to cruise critic on my iPad but finally managed it via safari.

The photographs of the cabin look amazing and we are getting very excited now. Mum and dad were round for dinner last night and all we talked about was our upcoming cruise.

I received an email back from Cunard advising that the white space is a crew cabin/office.

So grateful for our upgrade and if anyone has any insider tips for our first time with Cunard, we would love to hear them :D

Slightly off subject,but I too have had trouble logging in on my iPad...Have to use a desktop...