NCL Jade - Live Blog Review

Nix111

Hi

I'm on board NCL Jade and doing a live blog review, you can read it at http://www.cruisemuses.blog.co.uk I hope you find it interesting or useful

Nicky

Nicky:

I noticed that you said you are on Deck 8 and your balcony is "recessed" and has metal on all sides. I believe this is an "enclosed" or "hull" balcony, yes? Would you mind telling us what your stateroom number is, and perhaps attach a picture? Would also like to know if you would give a little more detail about how much sun you are receiving on the balcony. I will be in a stateroom with an enclosed balcony for the first time on the Jade in several months, and would like more information. I've been trying to get as much information about these kind of balconies for a while.

Thanks so much.

I was on the Jade in September cabin 8048 hull balcony. We had plenty of sun and shade. Little to no wind. Views not obstructed. While it didn't rain on our trip I believe you would be quite sheltered. All in all they are fine

Hi Texastennis, we are in 8048, here is a photo, yesterday we had sun on our balcony all afternoon and it was beautifully sheltered from wind, I'd definitely book this one again, I hope that helps

Hi Texastennis, we are in 8048, here is a photo, yesterday we had sun on our balcony all afternoon and it was beautifully sheltered from wind, I'd definitely book this one again, I hope that helps

This is very helpful, as is the picture. Thanks so much!

I am really enjoying your blog. I see an ice cream for the DH after a day out and about. I don't know if we will be in the pool much as I doubt they will be heated during the spring but if they are I might take a dip. I do not care for cold water. It sounds like your family is having a very nice time.

Thanks for doing this review, I'm really enjoying it!

If you get a chance, would you mind taking a picture of the toddler pool and the oversized shower splash area? My daughter is 4 and I cannot tell from the NCL site if these areas 1) still exist/are in operation and 2) are big enough for a kid who will be almost 5 when we sail in January.

I know there is the full-sized family pool with waterslide, but would love to have other options for her to splash around without me having to get in the pool with her. Thanks!

Great review. We were on this cruise and had a fab time. Haven't been on NCL since a dire weekend cruise about 7 years ago. The bargain price of this half term cruise tempted me back, and I'm glad we gave them another go. My son loved the movies - I had a sleep while he watched ant man!

Thanks for doing this review, I'm really enjoying it!

If you get a chance, would you mind taking a picture of the toddler pool and the oversized shower splash area? My daughter is 4 and I cannot tell from the NCL site if these areas 1) still exist/are in operation and 2) are big enough for a kid who will be almost 5 when we sail in January.

I know there is the full-sized family pool with waterslide, but would love to have other options for her to splash around without me having to get in the pool with her. Thanks!

Hi I don't recall seeing a toddler pool on board, there are paddling areas around the main pools but toddlers in swim nappies weren't allowed in there and they were enforcing this.

The big shower is up on the sun deck, it looks like a great place to cool down but I think this mostly an adult, quiet sunbathing area and not hugely kid friendly.

If she is is 4 she should be able to paddle supervised around the pools in the shallow area before the main pool below I would think? Get arm bands on though as the pools are very deep if she paddled the wrong way. Kids are allowed in two of the hot tubs too

Hope that helpful

Nicky

Hi I don't recall seeing a toddler pool on board, there are paddling areas around the main pools but toddlers in swim nappies weren't allowed in there and they were enforcing this.

The big shower is up on the sun deck, it looks like a great place to cool down but I think this mostly an adult, quiet sunbathing area and not hugely kid friendly.

If she is is 4 she should be able to paddle supervised around the pools in the shallow area before the main pool below I would think? Get arm bands on though as the pools are very deep if she paddled the wrong way. Kids are allowed in two of the hot tubs too

Hope that helpful

Nicky

f

There is a little kids splash pool in an enclosed area close to the bar by the pool - it is tucked away so not very obvious though.