Live blog From Anthem of the Seas Transatlantic

T

I did ask the staff member in the capsule what happens if it gets stuck at the top. I know an odd question but I was interested to find out. Apparently it's quite easy and they can just release the pressure in the hydraulics which returns it to the start location. In extreme emergencies he said you can also zip line down the arm.

I think there's a hatch in the floor and you zip line straight down.

We were on the 13 night cruise just a few days before you joined. We ate breakfast at either Two70, American Icon (Waiter service), Silk (Buffet service) or Devinly Decadence (Buffet service) Always find the Windjammer crowded on any class of ship for breakfast.

For lunch today we weren't feeling that hungry so went to the Dog House in Seaplex.

I ordered one of the smoked sausages but unfortunately this was not available so had a Bratwurst which was tasty.

There is a Freestyle Coke machine here although we don't carry out cups round with us which you need to use it. When we ordered our drinks Fanta and Diet Coke is was served out of a can, although we were not given the can and this was poured into a glass. It's the only location so far where soft drinks have been served from a can rather than a soda gun. They also had some bottled beers available.

4baba1f157656312e0da09dff31a50f9.jpg

987923171565a6150b30d4641e0dfea3.jpg

8840358281a638de8ab0c4aef2cc6d76.jpg

5c20e33b145f7c4b51415494849f824d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the 13 night cruise just a few days before you joined. We ate breakfast at either Two70, American Icon (Waiter service), Silk (Buffet service) or Devinly Decadence (Buffet service) Always find the Windjammer crowded on any class of ship for breakfast.

Thanks for the tip, we will give one of them a go tomorrow.

Thank you!! Thank you!! I will not be on the Anthem until June and have been patiently waiting for current reviews. Yours is a perfect combination of information in photos / comments that I have been looking for. If there is any information on if items are changing once it sails from New Jersey let us know, i.e. menus ans such. Enjoy your sailing

Edited by jonj

Great pictures.

Sorry for my ignorance, what is a WOW band? I saw the pic, but I don't know what it is used for. Voyager class ships are the largest class ships that I have cruised on.

It's a wrist band that you can use instead of your sea pass card. You get both wow band and sea pass card. It's your choice which to use. We didn't use the wow bands.

Thanks for the tip, we will give one of them a go tomorrow.

We are on here with you...had breakfast at American icon this morning. Short line when we got there but moved quickly. Always find if you say you will share a table you get in quicker. Was a nice breakfast.

We are on here with you...had breakfast at American icon this morning. Short line when we got there but moved quickly. Always find if you say you will share a table you get in quicker. Was a nice breakfast.

And when we were on we found the line for Silk even shorter we always asked for a table for 2 everywhere and got one quickly.

We are currently on TA on Allure. We have 20 ft. Swells today. He said the Antem is experiencing 60 ft. Swells. How are you doing? We Ate in an aft cabin so really feel the rockin and rollin.

Cheryl

So why did you eat in an aft cabin,hope it was yours :)

Was this included or for fee? Looks good.

It's included. They also have cheese buns for the dogs, but I never saw them mentioned anywhere. Ask for one and you'll get one.

Edited by besberry
Spelling

DW and I sailed Anthem for 14 days this past June, your pics are bringing back all the great memories of the Anthem. :)

270 is out of control! No matter when you are there it is a joy and the screens they use for projecting just is state of the art.

We noticed that for the North Star, as the cruise went on the lines/que went down to a point where the operators came around while having a cocktail asking if we would like to go up.

Keep the pics coming, enjoy the sail and I hope the seas get better.

We are currently on TA on Allure. We have 20 ft. Swells today. He said the Antem is experiencing 60 ft. Swells. How are you doing? We Ate in an aft cabin so really feel the rockin and rollin.

Cheryl

The swells aren't bad, when the captain gave an update earlier he said they were around 3m (9 feet) and will increase overnight to around 5-6m (15 - 18 feet) due to a high pressure front moving a low pressure front out (or the other way round, can't quite remember)

You can feel the boat moving but it's really not bad and certainly not 60ft. I think if it was it would be hitting our window on deck 3.

I've just took this from our window to show the sea state:

887102137bb51c6c329cbafd956c0612.jpg

Cruisenovices hope you try the Escape The Room experience. You can book it on the Royal IQ app or at the Seaplex desk. We loved it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Kevin

I had heard about this but wasn't sure where to book. I have just booked it through the app

It's a wrist band that you can use instead of your sea pass card. You get both wow band and sea pass card. It's your choice which to use. We didn't use the wow bands.

One thing to add about the Wow bands is they aren't that great.

We have used ours to open doors and things but if there are 2 of you and you want to go the bar for a drink it's easier to just take the 2 passes rather than one person take their Wow band off.

Also at some bars the till is behind the counter so I have seen people taking their bands off. Again we have found it easier to just use the cards.

We do still wear the bands and have used them on some occasions, although even when trying with the band, staff have asked for the card when the band doesn't work.