Is Le Cirque on the way out?

shrimp56

We're on the 16 day Lima to San Diego cruise starting on Dec. 2, 2015. Under dining purchases there is no Le Cirque listed. I have a vague memory of something about phasing out Le Cirque might be in the pipeline. Does anyone know what's up?

It's on our cruise too for April, 2016 and we have a couple of them booked along with a few other roll call members ;)

Perhaps they are doing more Cellar Masters on your cruise? That would be a big plus :) You might want to check and see if all the nights are allocated to Pinnacle. If they are not, something good is coming or will be available on board.

We're on the 16 day Lima to San Diego cruise starting on Dec. 2, 2015. Under dining purchases there is no Le Cirque listed. I have a vague memory of something about phasing out Le Cirque might be in the pipeline. Does anyone know what's up?
Maybe it's sold out?? Call Ship Services.

Edited by jtl513

We have two Cirques booked for our cruise in April and another booked for a May cruise.

We decided to get them booked as soon as they became available because we didn't want to be disappointed by finding them sold out at a later date.

Thanks to everyone for the good advice. We did book this cruise fairly early and it wasn't listed at that point. We've enjoyed Le Cirque in the past, but it isn't a "must-do."

BTW Pinnacle seems to have 2 seatings on this cruise 6 and 8pm. Is that new?

---

On checking, our next 2 cruises have the usual time slots for Pinnacle as well as Le Cirque, so I am thinking this is the result of early birds. I'm glad I did get the two Pinnacles for December that I did.

Edited by shrimp56

We have two Cirques booked for our cruise in April and another booked for a May cruise.

We decided to get them booked as soon as they became available because we didn't want to be disappointed by finding them sold out at a later date.

Isn't that Deux Cirque? ;)

Thanks to everyone for the good advice. We did book this cruise fairly early and it wasn't listed at that point. We've enjoyed Le Cirque in the past, but it isn't a "must-do."

---

On checking, our next 2 cruises have the usual time slots for Pinnacle as well as Le Cirque, so I am thinking this is the result of early birds. I'm glad I did get the two Pinnacles for December that I did.

I think that there's a limited number of reservation slots available for online booking. Once you are on the ship, the reservation times are usually at 15 minute intervals.

I think that there's a limited number of reservation slots available for online booking. Once you are on the ship, the reservation times are usually at 15 minute intervals.

---

yes that is new or those are the only time slots left?

We book on line all of the time and all the different time slots have always been available (We do watch and book as soon as they open as we sometimes dine with others and like to find a time that suits everyone ;) ). We just booked our most recent ones less than two weeks ago.

We have also gotten on a ship and found the PG's sold out for most nights (the nights it wasn't, the only time slot left was the very late one) so it appears from that they do not limit bookings on line.

Edited by kazu

yes that is new or those are the only time slots left?

We book on line all of the time and all the different time slots have always been available (We do watch and book as soon as they open as we sometimes dine with others and like to find a time that suits everyone ;) ). We just booked our most recent ones less than two weeks ago.

We have also gotten on a ship and found the PG's sold out for most nights (the nights it wasn't, the only time slot left was the very late one) so it appears from that they do not limit bookings on line.

(bold is mine) That's been our experience, too, especially when they're running a promo that includes Pinnacle. When we had Explore 4, we asked the concierge in Neptune Lounge if we could change it because we had been assigned a later time than we like, and we were told there were almost no slots available. When we had the Anniversary Promo, we were not pre-assigned, but when we went to make the reservations, there was only one night when we could get 7:00, all the other nights had only 8:00 or later available.

I was able to book a reservation for Le Cirque on our August 2016 VoV on the Rotterdam.

I suppose HAL could cancel it if they drop the program.

I also booked a night of La Labrije (sp).

Edited by rkorchid
typo

Maybe it's sold out?? Call Ship Services.

I agree with those who suggest it may be sold out. Best way to find out is to call Ship's Services. 800-541-1576

... hmmmmmm ... and here I have been told (numerous times on here) that CC is the best (and to some CCers, the only) source for reliable HAL info and that Ship Services couldn't be trusted for anything ... I learn something new every day on here ... thanks for the helpful advice ...

... hmmmmmm ... and here I have been told (numerous times on here) that CC is the best (and to some CCers, the only) source for reliable HAL info and that Ship Services couldn't be trusted for anything ... I learn something new every day on here ... thanks for the helpful advice ...

Give it a rest, why don't you.

Unfortunately, CCers do not have the tally for dinner reservations so sometimes you just have to resort - as a last resort, of course:rolleyes: - to calling HAL. But just for some things like that. And then you have to hope you get a right answer. Usually three calls, and then pick two answers the same - if you are lucky.