What does room service continental breakfast include?

jmae2002

Hi all,

We will be sailing on the Gem in a few weeks and I am curious as to what the continental breakfast includes? I would love to get some fruit to the room first things to keep the kids at bay while we get ready, but if it is only breads, then I wouldn't want to spoil their breakfast.

Also, the continental breakfast is free from the room service charge, right?

Hi all,

We will be sailing on the Gem in a few weeks and I am curious as to what the continental breakfast includes? I would love to get some fruit to the room first things to keep the kids at bay while we get ready, but if it is only breads, then I wouldn't want to spoil their breakfast.

Yes, the continental breakfast is free. It no longer includes fruit, just fruit juice, coffee/tea, milk, pastries, and muffins/croissants.

You could bring some fruit back from the buffet the evening before and keep it for the kids.

Edited by NMLady

I am going to be in a balcony cabin next cruise and I want to take advantage of this since I can enjoy morning coffee sitting outside.

When you pick your 30 minute time frame, will someone knock on your door when it arrives or do they just place it outside your cabin? Sorry, probably a stupid question! :rolleyes:

I am going to be in a balcony cabin next cruise and I want to take advantage of this since I can enjoy morning coffee sitting outside.

When you pick your 30 minute time frame, will someone knock on your door when it arrives or do they just place it outside your cabin? Sorry, probably a stupid question! :rolleyes:

Hey will knock on your door. But I also noticed that they don't sticky adhere to the 30 minute interval that you choose. It is more of a suggested time vs exact time. Mine came a good 45 minutes before my selected time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they knock at the door. Do try to be wearing something when you answer. :eek:

BTW, the balcony we had on Star included a small coffee maker. We were often well into the first pot by the time the room service coffee/juice/pastries arrived.

Our NCL experience has been someone phones to say breakfast is on the way, and then about two minutes later a steward with the tray knocks on the door.

He brings the tray inside After I open the door and he sets it on whatever cleared off area I indicate is ready.

I always have a dollar or two in my hand by that time so I can hand him a tip as he walks out of the cabin.

The only time our tray arrived before the requested halh-hour time slot was on port days when they have so many orders.

Edited by NMLady

Can't you just call room service in the mornings anymore or do you have to fill out a card now?

There is a difference between the continental breakfast and room service. Yes you can call for room service and have the full menu available. Items are free but there is a small service charge. $7.95 I think.

There is a difference between the continental breakfast and room service. Yes you can call for room service and have the full menu available. Items are free but there is a small service charge. $7.95 I think.

Yes , I know the differences. I am asking if you can still call for the continental breakfast in the morning or do you have to fill out a card.

Yes , I know the differences. I am asking if you can still call for the continental breakfast in the morning or do you have to fill out a card.

Ah sorry. That's not what I was understanding from your question. That's good to know as I didn't know you could call it in if you forgot to put the card out the night before.

Ah sorry. That's not what I was understanding from your question. That's good to know as I didn't know you could call it in if you forgot to put the card out the night before.

I've always called in the morning. Never filled out the card since I never knew when we'd be up. Except for one time, room service was usually there in a half hour.

Hi all,

I have a thought, since you can't get fruit with the continental breakfast, why not pick up some fruit from the buffet the night before, put it in the fridge and they can have it in the morning while you are getting ready.

Can't you just call room service in the mornings anymore or do you have to fill out a card now?

Yes, you can call in the morning for the continental breakfast if it is before 10:30am but you can't specify when you want it. Delivery will take about 45 minutes since the pre- ordered breakfasts are delivered first.

I have a thought, since you can't get fruit with the continental breakfast, why not pick up some fruit from the buffet the night before, put it in the fridge and they can have it in the morning while you are getting ready.

Did you read post #3? I suggested that very thing.