Chops vs Giovanni on Independence

We just got off Indy and ate at Giovanni's 2 times and Chops once. We decided to go back to Giovanni's due to great service, great food, and better value. Our waiter was Logan both times and he was great. Chops was nice too, just not as good.

Edited by A&L_Ont

We were on the Indy a few weeks ago. First dining in Giovanni's was very good and meet our expectations. Day 1 was quiet, and very nice. Next dining was chops and busy. We fellt lilies we were "forgotten" at times. Good food. Marginal service attention. Second time in Chops that week was slightly better, but not worth the big up charge that is charged. Then our second Giovanni's was a wreck. Apps were fast then no main course for a good 30 minutes. Kitchen failed greatly. We were even asked to dine earlier due to a large group , so we would not be held up for diner, but severely missed the service market. Good thing the server-wait staff was very good and kept us in the loop, otherwise I would have walked out.Dinner was comp'd due to the issues that the manager openly recognized and was looking to make good however, Day 7 dinner charges arei a challenge to keep you account straight.

Day 1 Giovanni's - very good

Day 2 Chops - average for a steak house to slow and forgotten

Day 5 Chops - average for a steak house but faster than first dining

Day 7 Giovanni's - disappointing and kitchen troubles getting food out for service

Good luck on your selections.

Looks like I'm in the minority so far but on our last two INDY cruises over New Years, Chops was better in food quality and definitely service as we ate in both. Really thought service in Giovanni's was lacking. Had to request items multiple times, more drinks, water glasses filled etc.

Going to do both again this year on Liberty as they are different dining experiences.

Have had many wonderful dinners at both Chops and Giovanni's on quite a few different ships, including the Indy.

Don't think you can go wrong with either, although there are many more options to choose from at Giovanni's. Make sure you go very hungry or you'll regret it.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Had dinner at Giovanni's on Indy 2 times - on separate cruises. Both times I was really unimpressed. Friends had raved about the service and food in there but to me it was severely lacking and not worth the charge. The waiters were more interested in chatting to each other. The Manager was walking in and out and nobody ever checked on us to see if everything was OK etc.

Both occasions I tried to speak with the Manager of Giovanni's but he was never available. Each time I then spoke to Guest Services for a message to be passed to the F&B Manager and we received an apology and a promise that if we went back the service would be better. I didn't go back and don't intend to on my cruise on Independence next year.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife