Alcoves

tvl4life

Hip ambiance, lively vibe...seriously?

folks book them to get away from the loud vibe on board...

but nicely written PR....

Not us we book to get away from the crowds. We don't think the pool is too loud, just too crowded.

We like the privacy and do think its pretty cool to be in such a serene spot.

I have another question regarding the Alcoves. Is it for 2 hours only? Or is it for all day? I get conflicting information when I try to do a reservation. The only reservation time is 3 a.m., so that kind of tells me it is all day...but then it states somewhere along the process that the reservation is for 2 hours.

I think it varies and depends on destinations, times of year, and individual sailings.

I have another question regarding the Alcoves. Is it for 2 hours only? Or is it for all day? I get conflicting information when I try to do a reservation. The only reservation time is 3 a.m., so that kind of tells me it is all day...but then it states somewhere along the process that the reservation is for 2 hours.

I think the reservations software is simply programmed to need a time, but it's irrelevant when booking alcoves. They are indeed yours for the entire day, 9a-9p. And you can come and go as you want, so if use them 11-3 and go back to your cabin for a while, you don't have to worry that you've "abandoned" them and they are no longer yours if you go back at 5, for instance. You can return, leave again, return again, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hate to resurrect an older thread, but I have a question about the iPads in the Alcoves. The website says that they are "loaded" with music. How loaded are we talking? If anyone has any experience with these iPads, how is the musical selection? Is it worth it to bring our own music source? Thanks in advance!

We have brought our own IPad the last 3 Reflection trips. We book the alcove for the week and want our own music for the week. Have never asked for their IPad in fact..

Ok great, thanks for the info. Did it have speakers in the Alcove, or did you just use the iPad speakers?

I would bring head phones, as the alcoves are close and you would not want sound very loud with respect to other alcove renters.

Yea, the music wouldn't be very loud. Just loud enough for the 4 of us to enjoy it.

• 2 months later...

We have an alcove reserved for one of the sea days. Was wondering since we have it til 9pm, does anyone know if it is possible to have dinner in the alcove? For example, can we have food from the Lawn Club Grille brought over? I saw the "picnic basket" menu but those seem more like snacks and lunch entrees.

First time on the Reflection sailing in 1 1/2 weeks, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
We have an alcove reserved for one of the sea days. Was wondering since we have it til 9pm, does anyone know if it is possible to have dinner in the alcove? For example, can we have food from the Lawn Club Grille brought over? I saw the "picnic basket" menu but those seem more like snacks and lunch entrees.

Just back from our Silhouette sailing. There should be enough space to eat a full meal in the Alcove, but I can't guarantee whether or not you can order a full dinner. I really don't see why not, as you are right next door. Personally, if I wanted to eat at the LCG, I would walk over and eat in the restaurant. More comfortable seating for eating, and you get the full experience. And then you can go right back to the Alcove. You are going to love it!

Edited by cgags47

Love the alcoves and Reflection! We had a full lunch in the alcoves and you could probably squeeze in a dinner there. I love that they are now reserved through the evening so they are the perfect place to have before/after dinner drinks too. The cheese and fruit trays that we had were perfect for then! I have some pictures on my website in the signature if interested. Have a great cruise!!