Laundry Service on Carnival

Danica Babaz

I have cruised several times with Carnival and am thinking about using the laundry service where they wash my clothes for me on my next cruise. Before I hand over my clothes, I want to know other people's experience with this service. Has anyone ever experienced any problems (damaged or lost items)? I'm hoping I will be able to pack less clothes on future cruises. :D

Never had anything lost but I would never give them anything that could shrink or needs delicate care.

I only send socks, jeans, and dh's clothes..lol..that won't shrink.

I sent some t shirts of mine once and they came back with thin burn marks.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Sis has a story about a red shirt. The steward was asking everyone if it was their's.

We take a photo or two of what is sent out.

The ship washes and dries on hot. Only send out sturdy clothes.

Carnival does have machines available for pax use. $3 wash and $3 dry.

They wash the clothes in HOT water and dry everything.....so be mindful for shrinkage. We only send clothing/undergarments that can tolerate hot water and not shrink. We never send anything good, or cottons that we usually "hang" to dry....use at your own discretion......but, nothing has ever been lost or ruined (but we are careful with what we send).

My stuff came back really faded...but thankfully nothing nice was sent so it wasn't a big deal. Now I just plan to do a couple of loads on a quiet sea day and bring some soap from home. It works out great especially since I have 4 kids and they use a LOT of clothes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always use the platinum laundry service (plus launder personal and delicate items myself). As others mentioned I would send out only fairly sturdy things! On one cruise, it seemed like everything came back gray - I actually bought some bleach tablets so I can do a load of two of whites myself (and keep them white.)

After that cruise (I think it was 15 days Hawaii) I, somewhat jokingly, looked at Lands End's collection of gray travel wear and told everyone that's what I was buying and packing for my next cruise.

I have cruised several times with Carnival and am thinking about using the laundry service where they wash my clothes for me on my next cruise. Before I hand over my clothes, I want to know other people's experience with this service. Has anyone ever experienced any problems (damaged or lost items)? I'm hoping I will be able to pack less clothes on future cruises. :D

I used my Platinum benefit and used them twice on my recent cruise. I only sent my gym clothes and didn't see any issues. It was same-day service as well. Picked up in the morning and I had them by 6pm.

I have the Platinum benefit and put it to good use. I've had them wash underwear and bras too and never had any issues.

Even if you have to pay the $15 special, its a good deal. If you fold and squish carefully, you can shove a lot of stuff in that paper bag. :)

Exactly. I send out tee shirts (inside out) briefs, sox, and polos. Never had a problem with either paid or perked service.

I have a 21 day B2B booked and will utilize the laundry several times during this span. The laundry service allows me to use a 21" carry on piece as my primary luggage. I also use a shoulder bag for meds, electronics, travel docs, etc.