odd question I'm sure

a&wcruising

I don't drink anything caffeinated or carbonated (ulcer) but love a cup of hot mint tea in the morning and evening. Can anyone tell me if it is available on the Caribbean Princess? Sailing January 2016 from Houston.

You will probably hear this many times on this thread. Sometimes the tea that you want is available on the ship and many times it isn't. If you like a special type of tea, the safest bet is bring you own tea bags and ask for hot water and a cup from room service or at the specialty coffee bar.

Edited by ar1950

They usually have varieties of Bigelow (sometimes Twinings) tea, and I believe I've seen the familiar bright green of Plantation Mint. That said, if it's important to me to start/end my day with something specific, I wouldn't chance it and I'd bring my own -- tea bags being small and light, they won't overload your luggage! If you do see it onboard, great -- you can save your own teabags for the future. If not, you're prepared.

Yes, they carry Bigalow teas: Mint Medley and Peppermint, but sometimes peppermint tea is the only one available. We drink the mint tea a lot.

Last cruise on Caribbean Princess this year we discovered the coffee bar by the International Café has a very nice mint tea, better than the Bigalow tea available in the Horizon Court. We bought a coffee card for latte's (they have mint lattes, too) and then used it extensively for mint tea nightly on a 17 day transatlantic cruise - they only used one punch on the card for our tea the whole cruise.

Last cruise on Caribbean Princess this year we discovered the coffee bar by the International Café has a very nice mint tea, better than the Bigalow tea available in the Horizon Court. We bought a coffee card for latte's (they have mint lattes, too) and then used it extensively for mint tea nightly on a 17 day transatlantic cruise - they only used one punch on the card for our tea the whole cruise.
They were not supposed to use any punches for the tea, fresh-brewed coffee, or hot chocolate. They're only supposed to punch the card for the specialty coffees.

I have also seen Mighty Leaf Moroccan Mint available in the International Cafe for an additional charge.

One of my favorites! If you buy the specialty coffee card (15 included, one per punch) , then additially all the tea and brewed coffee you can drink is free on that cruise. If you have punches left, on any later cruise you can still have specialty coffees for one punch or one punch for tea or brewed coffee.

A great deal IMO

They were not supposed to use any punches for the tea, fresh-brewed coffee, or hot chocolate. They're only supposed to punch the card for the specialty coffees.

Interesting about the hot chocolate. I bought my DGS the UKP because it included the hot chocolate, his favorite all day drink.

This thread reminds me of the guy who lost his luggage and screamed every single day at the crew. Amid his many complaints they would have his wife's chosen tea in the morning but not all the time. He could have taken the few tea bags he needed but didn't. Personally I can't imagine any cruise being ruined because they didn't have your brand of something.

Good choice OP. Just bring it with you. I can't stand those teeny tiny glasses in hotels and on ships so I bring my 24 ounce glasses with me when I travel.

We are just off the Ruby and I noticed there was no selection of tea this time. Just Lipton tea and Lipton decaf. No other brand nor type. Caf or Decaf and only Lipton. Probably a selection off the beverage card -- but in the Horizon Court, no selection.

Edited by jamesnnb
wrong name for Horizon Court

Having had a cruise severely affected on another line when they had a new policy of not carrying Splenda on board, I can certainly see it being an issue. I cannot have anything carbonated, but drink tea with Splenda. When this line did not have Splenda upon boarding, I was left with the only option being water. I won't say that it "ruined" my cruise, but it taught me to always toss a box into my luggage. If they have it on board, great. If not, I have my "stash."

Bottom line--if a particular brand or a particular product is needed for your physical or mental well being, bring it along!