Bed for 20 mo on Royal Caribbean

wampuscat7

What do you think is the best option for a 20 month old on Oasis of the Seas? I know Royal provides pack n plays, but the website says that is for children under 24". I've read on the Carnival board about having the steward turn the couch around to make a secure "bed" for toddlers. Is that possible on Royal Caribbean?

Thank you!

On our first cruise with lo, she had just turned 2. We had them bring the pad from the pack and play and made a pallet on the ground with her pillow and blanket from home. That was in an inside room with no couch on carnival. It worked good, but it's definitely easier with the couch.

I don't how how the Oasis sofabeds fold out. Those are pretty big sofas in those rooms. I sailed on that ship before I had my son. But a few weeks ago on the Jewel they opened the sofabed for us and it looked like this:

IMG_3205_zps8hl5zgjk.jpg

IMG_3858_zpswdzvfhe2.jpg

As you can see if was perfect for our 2 year old. Low to the ground and small. Our room steward told us that it does extend out longer for adults, but she kept it small because she knew our son would be sleeping on it.

Edited by Sunkissed Mommy

Thank you, all!

I don't know why I didn't think about the floor being an option. Duh. I'm a little paranoid about her sleeping on the foldout, as she has nearly fallen out of my bed once when she was not feeling well and restless. I know some folks use pillows as a bed rail of sorts. I'm sure it will all work out fine.

Thank you, all!

I don't know why I didn't think about the floor being an option. Duh. I'm a little paranoid about her sleeping on the foldout, as she has nearly fallen out of my bed once when she was not feeling well and restless. I know some folks use pillows as a bed rail of sorts. I'm sure it will all work out fine.

Just recently (September) off Radiance with our family that included our 19 month old GS...at least reserve the pack-n-play better to have it and make the decision about it once onboard..as they only have a limited amount...it worked out great for us.

Just recently (September) off Radiance with our family that included our 19 month old GS...at least reserve the pack-n-play better to have it and make the decision about it once onboard..as they only have a limited amount...it worked out great for us.

Thanks! I'll talk to my TA about requesting one. I guess I was under the impression that they wouldn't grant us one because she's much taller than the height limit that RCI lists, but I doubt they'll come measuring.