Bringing Wine on the Splendor

clojacks

This will be our first Carnival cruise in about 8 years as we have been trying just about all of them in between. Bringing wine or other beverages on board has pretty much been eliminated on some of the others as they have gone to beverage packages. Am I correct that we are each allowed to bring one 750ML of wine on board with us for our own use as long as it isn't "opened" in the MDR and that there isn't any corkage fee in this circumstance? Is wine, and sparkling wines, the only alcoholic beverage allowed to be brought on board?

This will be our first Carnival cruise in about 8 years as we have been trying just about all of them in between. Bringing wine or other beverages on board has pretty much been eliminated on some of the others as they have gone to beverage packages. Am I correct that we are each allowed to bring one 750ML of wine on board with us for our own use as long as it isn't "opened" in the MDR and that there isn't any corkage fee in this circumstance? Is wine, and sparkling wines, the only alcoholic beverage allowed to be brought on board?

Yes, you can take on 1 bottle of wine per person 21+. No charge at all as long as you do not open it in the dining room. You are also allowed to bring 12 cans of soda/juice per person--no bottles.

You can have it opened in the MDR ... that's when they will charge you a corkage fee. All wines are allowed, sparkling and not :)

Just returned on the Splendor. Packed one bottle of wine in check-in, and carried on one on in carry on. No problem at all with carry on - Bottle in the check-in was removed and discarded. Apparently the two bottle rule relates only to carry on. Be sure to read the fine print.

Just returned on the Splendor. Packed one bottle of wine in check-in, and carried on one on in carry on. No problem at all with carry on - Bottle in the check-in was removed and discarded. Apparently the two bottle rule relates only to carry on. Be sure to read the fine print.

It's not a 2 bottle rule. It's one per person age 21 and over. And must be carried on.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry - I meant two bottles for DH and myself :) It was his that got confiscated - just sayin :)

Of course it was.

Husband: "Oh, look, they confiscated one of our bottles of wine."

Wife: "No, dear. They confiscated YOUR bottle of wine. I got mine right here."

Bring an opener to the dining room with you if you won't to open it there, and just slyly open it under table, worked for me everytime. Also stashed a box of wine in my checked bags with shoes on top of it (heard this makes it look like a shoebox, who knows?) it worked, and I enjoyed this in the cabin everyday