Just a warning about making purchases on My NCL

LAFFNVEGAS

Last week i purchased 5*100$ OBC.

At that time they were on my vacation summary (for dec 30th).

(They are now charged on my CC.)

But i don't see them anymore on my vacation summary and when i click on "print booked items" i see one 100$ OBC (not 5) for dec 29th (day before my cruise) :confused::eek:

I think i will call and ask them to refund me. i don't want to fight on it when I will be onboard.:mad:

It was still all mixed up this morning on the 'make a payment' page showing only one OBC amount instead of 5 and 5 on the other summary payment page:confused:. I will not take a chance and I just asked for a refund. I will buy it again later hoping it will be right next time.:rolleyes:Now i just hope i will see that refund on my CC ina few days !!!

I suspect there is some kind of coding glitch on the myncl vacation summary web page.

I bought an excursion for myself and my husband yesterday and NOW see my spa pass reflected under the "Payment" tab (it wasn't there before I bought the excursion). Still, his pass is the only one listed in the "print booked items" tab - THAT is the glitch.

However, I've got my emailed confirmations...my CC has been charged for all purchases....I've confirmed the two spa passes with NCL.....I THINK I'm good to go.

................they should probably fix that tho

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a similar issue. When dining/entertainment opened up last week at the 100 day mark, I made all of my reservations, including for the Illusionarium which required a payment. I put in all my cc info and got an on screen confirmation. I thought it a little odd that I didn't also receive an email, but didn't think much of it as all of the reservations continued to show in my account.

Fast forward to today, when my TA was putting through my final payment, she calls to tell me that there is also a $53 balance due for entertainment. Sure enough, I check my cc, and the payment never went through, so I had her go ahead and pay it with the rest of final payment.

Glad its taken care of, but a little unsettling. Makes me wonder what else might be wrong...

I had the opposite happen, I pre-purchased the unlimited internet package and it charged me twice. I was alone in the cabin, yet had 2 unlimited internet packages! The credit took forever, had to go through a supervisor.

Its crazy how poorly managed these things are.

Thanks for the heads up Lisa!

Edited by SuiteCruiser

I noticed the same kind of mistake on my vacation summary page when I added an excursion for our family of four a couple of days ago. I happened to check the previously booked excursion and it only listed one passenger per cabin for the excursion we had booked several months ago. When I called I was told that all our names were listed on the rep's page. I had him send me another confirmation email. I thought having them on my phone would be enough insurance, but now i am going to print them out and bring hard copies just in case! This really gives me an uneasy feeling about how this cruise will go.

Gah! I bought a spa pass for myself and my husband yesterday. Received the confirmation and my credit card was charged for both...yet only my husband's pass shows up as reserved and paid for on our booking summary. I called NCL twice. The first agent told me that it's "likely" how the system works- he said "sometimes" if a person buys two dinners the site will only show a reservation for one....huh? Doesn't sound right to me...

Called back and spoke to another agent who assured me that she saw both spa passes on our account and sent me an email confirmation - which is exactly the same as the one I initially received.

I STILL don't like the fact that only ONE pass appears on the booking. Why is there a disconnect between what NCL sees in their system and what I see in my booking??

(This will be my first NCL cruise)

Had the same thing happened to me regarding a shore excursion. Booked the Baths in Tortola for three of us, but it only shows two people booked in My NCL. The NCL rep said it is just how the website sometimes displays it. All three of our reservations were in the system.

I just wanted to warn people to double check to make sure anything you purchase on My NCL does go through and gets charged to your credit card. Last Wednesday I purchased on line the Thermal Spa package , I did not think too much of it because I saw a hold on my credit card account and received back confirmation. Well this past Monday I get a call left on my voice mail that I did not pay for my Spa pass. Well I check my bank the hold dropped off and nothing was processed. So I call NCL they had no idea why it did not go through but they actually no longer saw the purchase so I paid for it again and made sure they sent me confirmation and the charge did come through.

Ok so yesterday morning I decide I want to purchase the Unlimited Internet package so I purchase on line and get this confirmation.

[ATTACH]366589[/ATTACH]

This time nothing processed to cc but this confirmation states to wait 24 hours so I waited . Still nothing so I call NCL and they have no record what so ever of my purchase. So went through the process again with an agent.

I just want to warn anyone to double check anything you purchase on line or just to call in the item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the warning.

Clearly this problem has not been fixed or will not be fixed. We cruise in 6 days I think and I logged into MY NCL just for a quick check and sure enough my family of 4 got minimized to a family of 2 for all our excursions in every port, however, I checked the credit card and it was charged. Had to call my TA who in turn called NCL, and they issued me a confirmation document. Its weird though because when I checked prior all names were present...hmmm

This also makes me nervous. Looking at My NCL purchases for excursions and dining never lists myself and my partner together. For dining they list as party of two and my name. For shore excursions they list my partners name only ... I am calling later today to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week i purchased 5*100$ OBC.

At that time they were on my vacation summary (for dec 30th).

(They are now charged on my CC.)

But i don't see them anymore on my vacation summary and when i click on "print booked items" i see one 100$ OBC (not 5) for dec 29th (day before my cruise) :confused::eek:

I think i will call and ask them to refund me. i don't want to fight on it when I will be onboard.:mad:

Same for me! All was well with the flowers, champagne, cheese plate, anniversary and birthday packages I'd booked for sail away day until I booked excursions. The excursions are fine, but all the sail away goodies disappeared from the vacation summary and show up in "Print Booked Items" for the day before! This is really poor. I've sent an email, but will most likely have to call. I wonder what's going to happen on Friday when I start booking dining and entertainment?

This also makes me nervous. Looking at My NCL purchases for excursions and dining never lists myself and my partner together. For dining they list as party of two and my name. For shore excursions they list my partners name only ... I am calling later today to confirm.

Regarding the dining, that's the way it is always done. You have a reservation for 2. You can take your partner, or a random person you pick up at a bar that afternoon. They don't care, and don't need another name. You could have made that reservation for up to 8, regardless of how many are in your sailing party.

NCL is not the only large corporation that has computer glitches. Computers are wonderful, when they work right. But once a glitch shows up, not so easy to correct. I usually always call in my purchases, as I just don't trust computer systems.

Just another example, over the last 30 years, I have had a Costco card, been a user on my daughter's Costco card and been a user on my husband's Costco card. SOOOO I am in their computer as having 3 accounts.

About 6 years ago, we switched to Sam's Club, instead of renewing Costco. My husband wants to purchase hearing aides, so needs a Costco card. He went in and renewed his account. I went down by myself to get my card. It took approximately 15 minutes to get the card from the Service Desk. At check-out I was told my card was inactive. I had to go back to the Service Desk and it took another 45 minutes for a supervisor to finally decipher which account should be re-activated. I was ready to just say "forget it, I don't need a card". When I asked why the old accounts weren't deleted, it seemed to me to be the solution to the problem, she replied they want to keep my shopping history of when, what & how much I purchased.

So just because we think computer systems are new technology they can't always overcome glitches or technical difficulties, no matter how big the corporation is.

Try not to sweat the small stuff and have a happy cruise. I wish everyone happy travels!

Edited by agabbymama

I have had the same problem. First my name was only name listed for the spa. Called them to confirm payment. Then my name was missing and my roommates name was there. They did confirm both payments. My suggestion is to not only print out receipt but check on the status of payments 30 days before sailing. Can't wait for my 21 day cruise in January.

I bought a flower arrangement for my room. Got on board, no flowers. So went to the services desk, and the next day they concluded that it was cancelled for some reason, and they claim my money refunded. I never received any email before the cruise telling me. Onboard they told me they would "send something to my room" to make up for it, but never did.

So I'm not crazy after all. Last week I bought two SDP's and everything appeared to process normally. I logged in this weekend to make some reservations and nothing. No trace of it. Nothing on my Amex statement either. I made the purchase on my iPad so I figured maybe it was some sort of fluke. I purchased the packages again Saturday evening and everything appears normal now.