Private tours in Japan

Lew's cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Quiet dificult to move with the metro-subway.

We took a few times a taxi between 4 persons.

Great country and very nice people

Had a free guide aswell. You can get one in "Tokyo free guide"

We had one in TOkyo and one in Kioto.

THis helped us a lot to see a lot in a short time.

If you are short on time, I would strongly suggest a guide as I found it quite confusing (and therefore time consuming) travelling by the subway system in Tokyo. I booked private tours for about 20 people in Tokyo and in Kamakura/Yokohama through Green Tomato Co., and through Charter Bus & Limousine for Kobe/Kyoto. I found both companies very easy to work with and the guides were good, especially Koko (sp?) in Tokyo. You do have to pay in full prior to arrival though and they do not guarantee any refunds if your ship does not dock.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

4774 papa posted a detailed post of Japan and China that included tour companies. Viator, JTB sunrise and toursbyloca.com. I found a company called travelience.com. We prefer private tours and are having difficulty finding them too. The Mediterranean cruise tours in 2014 were so much easier to find and book!

we were on the same cruise as 4774 papa, and did a great tour in Tokyo with Tours by locals.

https://www.toursbylocals.com/TBL/WebObjects/ToursByLocals.woa/1/wa/searchForToursInPlace?wosid=KduoE01hlCcDAeMhzanO7w

Found them excellent to work with, guide spoke excellent English, and we saw so much more than we would have done on our own.

We had a group of 8 and could have gone to 10.

I emailed the guide, and he replied very promptly and was very accommodating with our requests.

A lot tours in Tokyo are walking and using the underground system because of the traffic jams, takes much longer to go by car .

Anne

• 1 month later...
Has anyone found a tour operator in Japan for groups of about 10 - 12 people?

We are currently organising tours across different cities inAsia with these guys and they have been good,me specially Melody. Reasonable prices for groups or 10 or more

We just finished a wonderful trip to Japan that included a Celebrity Millennium cruise that ended in Hong Kong.

We booked several tours of Tokyo and Kyoto with JTB Sunrise, through Viator. Great tours.

Here is my review of our pre-cruise and cruise on cc:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Japan is wonderful. There is a lot to see, the food is great and people are special.