A Review With Pictures Of A Royal Time On Adventure Of The Seas - October 10, 2015

bigque

Thanks for such a great and concise review.

We are a party of 5 from the UK of on the Christmas cruise leaving on 19th December.

Non of us has cruised before so your review has given us all a great insight into what to expect and it looks like we will be having a great time.

Once again thanks for taking the time with the review.

Thanks for the wonderful review, We are doing this Itinerary in January on the Jewel.

I have booked Thenford Grey for St Kitts and I am waiting to hear from Godfrey for the St Thomas Tour so it was good to read your review of both these tours.

Just Wish I could persuade the wife to do the Aruba Trike tour, that looked awesome.

Thanks for such a great and concise review.

We are a party of 5 from the UK of on the Christmas cruise leaving on 19th December.

Non of us has cruised before so your review has given us all a great insight into what to expect and it looks like we will be having a great time.

Once again thanks for taking the time with the review.

Glad you enjoyed it and happy cruising to you on your first cruise! Great Choice!

Thanks for the wonderful review, We are doing this Itinerary in January on the Jewel.

I have booked Thenford Grey for St Kitts and I am waiting to hear from Godfrey for the St Thomas Tour so it was good to read your review of both these tours.

Just Wish I could persuade the wife to do the Aruba Trike tour, that looked awesome.

I hope you enjoy the tours as much as we did! My wife was skepticle when I first talked about the trikes but the more she looked at the you tube videos the more she looked forward to it then she had a blast doing it!

Edited by bigque

Great review! Did you go to UNCC in the late 70's?

Thank You! I did not go there but I did hang out there on campus with my fraternity brothers in the late 70's before going into the military. After college from FAMU I came to Charlotte. Why do you ask?

My wife has diabetes so she eats sugar free deserts and she noticed that the sugar free deserts were much better on our previous cruises.

I'm a couple of days late coming to this review, so let me say, Thanks! I always fine value in every review, this one is no exception.

I am not diabetic, but I/we do a good job of not gaining (much) weight on cruises and part of that is limiting sugar so there are some sugar free stuff we have learned to enjoy. Was there particular sugar free desserts that didn't seem as good as she expected? I know for example when I get the sugar free key lime pie I find it to be good. As long as I don't try somebody's sugar filled version at the same time, I'm satisfied :o

The Silent Party:

This was fun in the club (Jesters). You are given a pair of headsets that has music that you can switch between on two different stations. There is no music actually playing in the club thus the reason they call it a silent party. Because of the two different stations of music, everyone is on the dance floor dancing to different music. If you take off the headsets you hear people actually singing to the song they are listening to which makes for a very funny sound. I really enjoyed this!

Silent Party – A

You are doing a great job with this review. I'm glad you mentioned they have this on Adventure. (I hope it is still there in 2017. I don't dance and I don't go to clubs at night because I'm not a fan of dance music and my limited hearing makes socializing impossible. However, on this cruise we will be with another couple and the ladies like to dance. I would normally go back to the room or somewhere else, but I might give this a try and be a dance voyeur and talk to my friend.

I'm a couple of days late coming to this review, so let me say, Thanks! I always fine value in every review, this one is no exception.

I am not diabetic, but I/we do a good job of not gaining (much) weight on cruises and part of that is limiting sugar so there are some sugar free stuff we have learned to enjoy. Was there particular sugar free desserts that didn't seem as good as she expected? I know for example when I get the sugar free key lime pie I find it to be good. As long as I don't try somebody's sugar filled version at the same time, I'm satisfied :o

I think that there was some type of sugar free tart that she wasn't real fond of but she liked just about anything else she tried. What she liked best was the sugar free ice cream and she would definitely get that each night.

In Aruba we once again opted for a private excursion. I booked months in advance at the recommendation of a member of our roll call “Trikes Of Aruba”. This was an exciting way to tour the island and we had a blast. There was no having to get in out of vans or busses and just cruising around on these vehicles was just indescribable and I just let the pictures tell the story of this excursion. If you want to do something really fun and different while in Aruba, I recommend this.

The Trikes Of Aruba Excursion: (The On the road pictures was taken by our tour guides who leads the pack up front in a dune buggy!

7B7DB981-2B6D-4CFC-8C39-05D6CD66720C_zpsd2lhkdsn.jpg

82608DF0-C938-420D-A7B1-B434D9FA0345_zpsmrjycxcj.jpg

67DB0971-18FD-49C8-83DB-304CA6227A63_zpskrqbck80.jpg

39A9BF7F-8B37-4DA1-B81B-0B068262F0B0_zpsgk18psvl.jpg

0F495E6D-AAB0-4B46-AFFD-FB51ECFBFBC7_zpson7bvoeo.jpg

I normally get annoyed when people quote an entire page of pictures and then add one word or one sentence. I'll have to think of a few things to say! ;) No, not really, when my friend and I booked our 2017 cruise on Adventure that stops here I found out about this same excursion and we plan on booking it too! I believe I may have seen some of your group's photos on Facebook as Aruba Trikes has their own page. Back to reading what you thought of it.

Yes it is a straight 5 speed shift with a stick just like in a car. You have a clutch on the floor on the left side and a break on the floor on the right side and the gas is on the right side handle bar. If you don't know how to drive a stick in a car you will not be able to drive these. We were told that they were suppose to get automatics in a month after we did them, so when you go there they may have automatics! :cool:

Good to know on a couple of fronts. I can drive a manual shift fine, but have alway found a motorcyle clutch on the handlebars harder to deal with. But we have 450 more days, so I'll watch for more reviews.

I hope you enjoy the tours as much as we did! My wife was skepticle when I first talked about the trikes but the more she looked at the you tube videos the more she looked forward to it then she had a blast doing it!

OK, I am one very happy cruiser right now, Just showed the wife the You Tube video and she has agreed to do the tour.( She actually said she had always wanted to go on a Trike) Booking sent, just hope they are not fully booked.:D:D:D

Edited by clarky213

Good to know on a couple of fronts. I can drive a manual shift fine, but have alway found a motorcyle clutch on the handlebars harder to deal with. But we have 450 more days, so I'll watch for more reviews.

Yes. I loved having that manual shift with clutch on the floor like in a car as I have only driven a motorcycle with the clutch on the handle bar once in my life, so it worked out well for me!

Also yes they do have the Facebook page and that is where you can download your pictures from that they take of you on the tour!

Edited by bigque

OK, I am one very happy cruiser right now, Just showed the wife the You Tube video and she has agreed to do the tour.( She actually said she had always wanted to go on a Trike) Booking sent, just hope they are not fully booked.:D:D:D

Those YouTube videos are definite sellers for those who have doubts about riding on one! This was just so much fun and as I said in my review it was the best tour excursion we have done on any cruise we have been on! I hope you booked the morning excursion because Aruba gets scorching hot in the afternoon and when we were finished that was the time it started getting real hot! :cool:

Those YouTube videos are definite sellers for those who have doubts about riding on one! This was just so much fun and as I said in my review it was the best tour excursion we have done on any cruise we have been on! I hope you booked the morning excursion because Aruba gets scorching hot in the afternoon and when we were finished that was the time it started getting real hot! :cool:

Yes, all booked and confirmation received for the Morning tour. I had thought about the heat when I picked the morning, but also more concerned about making sure we are back on the ship in time. The afternoon tour would be too late anyway as we depart at 5pm.

Yes, all booked and confirmation received for the Morning tour. I had thought about the heat when I picked the morning, but also more concerned about making sure we are back on the ship in time. The afternoon tour would be too late anyway as we depart at 5pm.

Cool! :cool: Enjoy!

Great review! We're going with 2 other couples in 2 weeks so we really enjoyed your pictures of the ship. This will not be our first cruise, but it will be our first on RCI. We chose the ship because of the itenerary - a little different than yours.

Also - I love your attitude..don't sweat the small stuff. Would love to cruise with you all! Thanks again.

Great review! We're going with 2 other couples in 2 weeks so we really enjoyed your pictures of the ship. This will not be our first cruise, but it will be our first on RCI. We chose the ship because of the itenerary - a little different than yours.

Also - I love your attitude..don't sweat the small stuff. Would love to cruise with you all! Thanks again.

Enjoy your cruise! Whichever itinerary you have in the Southern Caribbean is great! We had a great time on the Southern Caribbean cruise with Barbados also! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for this review. We've just booked this cruise for September and it was so enjoyable to get a little preview of what we will be seeing. :):)

That is a great Thanksgiving gift to each other! You are going to have a great time and with the plus of the ship will have completed it's dry dock by then I do believe! :cool:

Thank you Mike so very much. We sail on Dec 12th. It's been 15 years since we did the Caribbean (done lots since but not warm weather places). Looking so forward to celebrating my 60th birthday in San Juan the day before. Your review and photos were fantastic. You took so much time and it is so appreciated. I think you love Aruba like I love Antigua. The whole reason I went with the cruise. THANK YOU SO MUCH...