A Review With Pictures Of A Royal Time On Adventure Of The Seas - October 10, 2015

bigque

Thank you for sharing your review of this itinerary and ship. We are sailing on the exact itinerary next June with a group of 26 people. We are looking forward to sailing on Royal for the first time.

Looking forward to reading more of your Adventure . .. :)

Thank you for sharing your review of this itinerary and ship. We are sailing on the exact itinerary next June with a group of 26 people. We are looking forward to sailing on Royal for the first time.

Looking forward to reading more of your Adventure . .. :)

Thank You! I will be posting more tonight and hopefully have it finished by the weekend! :cool:

A couple more pictures from around the ship

DSCF1794_zpstctlqk8g.jpg

How about a little free massage on the Royal Promenade

DSCF1425_zps7vniogm7.jpg

On our tour of the ship we went up to the spa & fitness center our friends as the wives wanted to check a couple of things out and plus they were having some drawings for free stuff.

DSCF1402_zpsdq4pgmp0.jpg

DSCF1403_zpsffoefmpo.jpg

DSCF1404_zpsv3sp8j18.jpg

Enjoying Embarkation Day...That First Day So Enjoyable!

DSCF1412_zpshcwws5iq.jpg

I'm looking at one of these pictures and wondering... do they have the giant hot tub in the entrance to the fitness center??? I know at least one of the Voyager class ships did that we were on. We're on Adventure in February so I'd be interested if you recall. Thanks

I'm looking at one of these pictures and wondering... do they have the giant hot tub in the entrance to the fitness center??? I know at least one of the Voyager class ships did that we were on. We're on Adventure in February so I'd be interested if you recall. Thanks

Yes that is on Adventure. That is it right there in the pic by the blue and white pole!

Edited by bigque

DSCF1549_zpsn7iuo2am.jpg

Day 4 - Sea Day

The 1st sea day is a busy day and something is going on all day long. One thing about Adventure as well as other cruises we have been on that has sea days is that there is always something going on day and night, so you can always find something to do. When you look at the daily cruise compass, it is overwhelming...sometimes you just don't really know what you want to do with yourselves be it participating in activities or just hanging around the pool all day. That is however how we like it. Wow Me and entertain me! Make me feel like this is the cruise line I want to keep coming back to again and again. Adventure of the Seas didn't fail in this area. I feel that if people say they can't find anything to do, they just don't really want to do anything. In addition to the ports and excursions, Royal do a really good job of making their ships a destination in and of itself. We had fun and were thoroughly entertained! We have said until Royal does something really bad or we have went on all their cruises they have to offer (Not just the Caribbean) we will stick around for a while. I am not a Cheerleader but just give credit where credit is due.

On this morning I went out and took some pictures of the sunrise and I then went back to the stateroom and woke up the wife to get started on our day with our romance package breakfast that was delivered to the room which we enjoyed out on the balcony. After breakfast the wife went to the Spa with Patrick & Zena for something going on there and I went and hung out on the pool deck for a little bit. Actually it was the deck above the pool deck. It started getting close to 11:00 and we were to have our official RCI Meet & Mingle at 11:30 in Jester’s Night Club so I went to get the wife and we went to that. We had group of maybe 25 people at the meet & mingle and wasn’t bad. The activities manager was there to host and they provided some finger food and some punch. We got to see and meet some people that was not at the meet & greet on embarkation day and we also did a gift exchange.

We decided to spend some time at the pool deck so we changed then went and grabbed a bite to eat in the Windjammer. The Windjammer for lunch on a sea day is very busy as you could imagine, but even still we didn’t wait to long in the serving lines and we sat in the same spot every time we went there which is …..HINT HINT….. in a area with tables to the right just as you come through the door. This area was never filled with people except on maybe one occasion.

We went to the deck above the pool deck and found a couple of loungers. We ordered a couple of frozen margarita’s and kicked back. The Southern Caribbean is scorching hot…too much for the wife to handle out there so she packed it up and left. I stayed and watched some of the world’s sexiest man contest and the belly flop contest. I sat out and people watched for a while and then went in also.

DSCF1784_zpsailezdgu.jpg

The Meet & Mingle

DSCF1559_zpsupit3xxn.jpg

DSCF1561_zpso514urov.jpg

DSCF1560_zpsfllleusg.jpg

DSCF1566_zpsyi4dvise.jpg

Edited by bigque

This is also the night we were booked for Giovanni’s Table which I reviewed at the beginning of the review. Really really enjoyable! After dinner we didn’t really do a whole lot, so nothing to really tell until it was time to go the infamous “QEUST”! Our Quest Team Won!

DSCF1598_zpsohy7h3sz.jpg

The Start of Quest

DSCF1595_zps10cix4fl.jpg

Meanwhile back at the room a crab snuck in!

DSCF1593_zpsl7naodyd.jpg

Up Next Day 5 - Aruba

Thanks for the review, Mike! We've been on the Adventure once before and loved her (particularly the crew) and have gone out of San Juan three previous times. We're booked again for a back-to-back in March of next year. Although we usually stay at the Doubletree pre-cruise, we picked the Condado Hilton for the upcoming trip. So I found the information about the hotel--and particularly the informationa bout what's within walking distance--particularly helpful! I'll have to give that restaurant a try! Well, that and the hotel swim up bar. :D

Thanks for the review, Mike! We've been on the Adventure once before and loved her (particularly the crew) and have gone out of San Juan three previous times. We're booked again for a back-to-back in March of next year. Although we usually stay at the Doubletree pre-cruise, we picked the Condado Hilton for the upcoming trip. So I found the information about the hotel--and particularly the informationa bout what's within walking distance--particularly helpful! I'll have to give that restaurant a try! Well, that and the hotel swim up bar. :D

You are going to really like the Condado Hilton! A very convenient location! :cool:

DSCF1606_zpset8lwlwt.jpg

Day 5 –Aruba

This is a port that we really enjoyed. Before this stop on the cruise our favorite port was St. Lucia but now St. Lucia has now been pushed down to # 2. This place was like paradise to us. It is like a desert paradise with the most beautiful blue water that we have seen on any island we have visited. We both thought this was a place we live. We plan on going back in the very near future for a stay at an all-inclusive resort.

DSCF1666_zpsodn0lojy.jpg

The Former Monarch of the Seas was with us in port

DSCF1609_zpsiqe3fyrn.jpg

DSCF1661_zpsrhp8la1b.jpg

DSCF1662_zpsirgsjl8x.jpg

DSCF1674_zps3f2feodz.jpg

In Aruba we once again opted for a private excursion. I booked months in advance at the recommendation of a member of our roll call “Trikes Of Aruba”. This was an exciting way to tour the island and we had a blast. There was no having to get in out of vans or busses and just cruising around on these vehicles was just indescribable and I just let the pictures tell the story of this excursion. If you want to do something really fun and different while in Aruba, I recommend this.

The Trikes Of Aruba Excursion: (The On the road pictures was taken by our tour guides who leads the pack up front in a dune buggy!

7B7DB981-2B6D-4CFC-8C39-05D6CD66720C_zpsd2lhkdsn.jpg

82608DF0-C938-420D-A7B1-B434D9FA0345_zpsmrjycxcj.jpg

67DB0971-18FD-49C8-83DB-304CA6227A63_zpskrqbck80.jpg

39A9BF7F-8B37-4DA1-B81B-0B068262F0B0_zpsgk18psvl.jpg

0F495E6D-AAB0-4B46-AFFD-FB51ECFBFBC7_zpson7bvoeo.jpg

7C02536D-D4EA-4C6F-9911-E5884171DC4E_zpsnjhtm3gv.jpg

Aruba Continued:

After the excursion and doing a little shopping in Aruba we went back to the ship and hung out till dinner. Dinner on this night was at a restaurant in Aruba that I also booked a reservation for a few months in advance. In Aruba you can do dinner out in town or whatever else you may want to do in the evening as the ship is in port till 11:00 PM. The restaurant we ate was called Pinchos. This also came by recommendation and it too did not disappoint. We took a taxi there from the ship which was about a 5 minute ride. You could actually walk there from the ship if you wanted to as it is a straight shot down the main drag from the ship, no side streets or anything to have to go down. The restaurant seating area is out on a pier with a nice view of the sea, a nice view of the sunset and sits right next to a beach. It is a little pricey but it was well worth it for some very delicious seafood and other menu items such as steaks. The drinks were very good and not your typical restaurant weak drinks. The Activities Manager and some other crew members were there also that were sitting at the table next to us. Although a little pricey they give you plenty of food and you leave full.

The Bar at Pinchos

DSCF1680_zpsmfedf3ht.jpg

View from Pinchos of Monarch leaving. That's the Activities Manager from the ship in the picture:

DSCF1678_zpsarx89jkb.jpg

I had a dinner with Swordfish, Jumbo Shrimp and a very large lobster tail (Very Delicious):

DSCF1681_zpsch9vq2il.jpg

The Wife had Mahi Mahi which she said was very good also

DSCF1682_zpseof20ahl.jpg

A night view of Aruba from the ship

DSCF1687_zpsnq0uw5h5.jpg

After dinner and back on the ship we hung out for a while and then watched the Love & Marriage Game show. I was surprised about the amount of people at the show. Every cruise I had been on previously it was always a full house at this show. I guess attendance was low because they had a separate show in another venue for the Spanish speaking crowd. On this night also was the Ice Show in Studio B. There was a very long line of people waiting almost an hour before showtime to get in. Here is another hint......Hint Hint.......... The Ice show is also performed on Friday which is the last Sea Day and you can go on that day with no line and no waiting and as a matter of fact there were plenty of seats left on the day of the second performance!

This ends our favorite day of the cruise........ We Love Aruba!

Up Next - Day 6 - Curacao

This is also the night we were booked for Giovanni’s Table which I reviewed at the beginning of the review. Really really enjoyable! After dinner we didn’t really do a whole lot, so nothing to really tell until it was time to go the infamous “QEUST”! Our Quest Team Won!

The Start of Quest

DSCF1595_zps10cix4fl.jpg

Up Next Day 5 - Aruba

I was less than thrilled about the idea of you jerks calling me out to be captain of our quest team, but that turned out to be one of the highlights of our vacation. I think I was standing on the ice rink in only my boxers at least 3 times, and the final product was simply amazing.

C3422B5C-1EB7-4DDD-88CD-91CD68378ADF_zps9e4ybsos.jpg

Who knew I looked so good in lipstick and women's clothing:eek:

In Aruba we once again opted for a private excursion. I booked months in advance at the recommendation of a member of our roll call “Trikes Of Aruba”. This was an exciting way to tour the island and we had a blast. There was no having to get in out of vans or busses and just cruising around on these vehicles was just indescribable and I just let the pictures tell the story of this excursion. If you want to do something really fun and different while in Aruba, I recommend this.

The Trikes Of Aruba Excursion: (The On the road pictures was taken by our tour guides who leads the pack up front in a dune buggy!

7B7DB981-2B6D-4CFC-8C39-05D6CD66720C_zpsd2lhkdsn.jpg

82608DF0-C938-420D-A7B1-B434D9FA0345_zpsmrjycxcj.jpg

67DB0971-18FD-49C8-83DB-304CA6227A63_zpskrqbck80.jpg

39A9BF7F-8B37-4DA1-B81B-0B068262F0B0_zpsgk18psvl.jpg

0F495E6D-AAB0-4B46-AFFD-FB51ECFBFBC7_zpson7bvoeo.jpg

7C02536D-D4EA-4C6F-9911-E5884171DC4E_zpsnjhtm3gv.jpg

Where did you pick up the Trikes of Aruba tour - port side or did you have take a taxi to their place?

Do.you just need a driver license?

Where did you pick up the Trikes of Aruba tour - port side or did you have take a taxi to their place?

Do.you just need a driver license?

They will meet you at the port and take you to their place of business. You can reserve a spot online. You do need a current driver's license. :cool:

http://www.trikes-aruba.com/

Great review Mike! I'm really glad we got to hang out with you guys. Hopefully we end up on the same ship again someday.

Hey Dave glad you enjoying the review. I hope we get to meet up again on a cruise also! Are you going to try to defend your "Quest Championship" on your next cruise???? :D

Hey Dave glad you enjoying the review. I hope we get to meet up again on a cruise also! Are you going to try to defend your "Quest Championship" on your next cruise???? :D

I think I'm going to sit back and enjoy the next one from the seats. It was a lot of fun though.

I can't wait to dig into the whole thing, but I'm loving it so far! I love your review of all the restaurants with ABC grades! easy for people looking for highlights. But I always enjoy the picture travelogue, so I'll be reading the whole thing!!:D:D

Glad you are enjoying it! I read yours and enjoyed it very much also. I followed yours leading up to our cruise! :cool:

Thank you for sharing your experience! This is a marvelous review. I love the pictures of the trikes in Aruba. We have been there only once by cruise as well and we loved it just like you! The next time we go we will definitely be checking out the trike excursion. It looks like so much fun.

Glad you had a great time. San Juan has long been one of our favorite ports to cruise from. For some reason it's not as stressful to board there...

I'm looking forward to the end of your review...until then, I'm subscribed! :D

Edited by 01 Cobra