% of Kids on RCL out of NJ during NYC's school recess (2/14-2/22)?

fstuff1

As you can see from my Sig, I'm a NCL guy. I've never sailed on Royal before.

I'm thinking of doing a Valentine's day cruise but don't want wall to wall kids.

Since this year NYC school's winter recess starts at the same time, NCL's Gem + Breakaway will be full of kids.

Anyone know what % of passengers on RCL out of NJ were children during past NYC school recesses?

Thx

Edited by fstuff1

The February break is when my family cruised. At times, over 1/3 of the passengers were kids. On Explorer, that was well over 1000 kids of all ages. Was only a problem when bad weather resulted in cancelled ports and bored kids after so many sea days in doors. A group,took to sitting in the glass elevators riding up and down for the heck of it. Once my family no longer had school aged kids our cruises have never been during school vacation periods

About all the north east has vacation that week.....new Hampshire likely the only state that doesn't......lots of people escape winter that week....logan is mobbed ....if you really need to get away from kids you'll have to book a longer cruise or the haven on ncl .....good luck!