Soft Serve Ice Cream on the Dawn? and Best Places for Quiet Outside Time?

teacher2cruiser

I know they have hand dipped ice cream on the Lido deck and I think I remember seeing soft serve somewhere but I don't remember where. We always found someplace to sit and relax on the Lido out of the sun. But our cruise was a New England/Canada cruise so the crowd was older and there was hardly ever anyone in that area.

There is soft serve often (though not always) in the Garden Cafe. The Lido deck is quiet, but can be smokey and there aren't many chairs. There is a Jacuzzi at the front of the ship on deck 13 that is supposed to be adults only and the area around it is to be considered a quiet area.

I had soft serve ice cream on Dawn. It is located aft part of Garden Café, I think starboard side but could be wrong. They had dishes or cones to use and choice of vanilla, chocolate or vanilla/chocolate mixed. I thought it was pretty good. :)

Relaxation point: Take the forward elevators to deck 13 and go outside, either port or starboard, depending on time of day and whether you want sun or shade. Look for a lounge chair on either side. You are basically underneath the Bimini bar. From here you easily get to the pool area, Bimini bar, and bow observation area with adult hot tub, and restrooms by the elevators.

Two questions about the Dawn - three weeks and counting down!

1. Is there soft serve ice cream?

2. We booked last minute and got a great deal, but no balcony this time, so wanting advice for quiet peaceful outside sitting places.

Thanks!

Soft serve is available at the dessert line in the buffet, all the way toward the aft of the ship. The one on the starboard side is open almost all the time.

Good luck on the quiet outside place. I would try the adults only hot tub up on the bow on deck 12 or 13 (I think that is the deck #).

Relaxation point: Take the forward elevators to deck 13 and go outside, either port or starboard, depending on time of day and whether you want sun or shade. Look for a lounge chair on either side. You are basically underneath the Bimini bar. From here you easily get to the pool area, Bimini bar, and bow observation area with adult hot tub, and restrooms by the elevators.

This sounds like just the kind of place I'm looking for. Thanks so much!

This is my favorite spot!! We didn't book a balcony, but are in a family suite on deck 12. I cant wait to get there!!

We are on the Dawn now. Already day 6 of our 14 day repositioning cruise and it is SO nice to realize we don't have to think about packing tomorrow.

Today's soft serve choices at Topsider Bar next to pool are banana, vanilla and rocky road. Toppings are butterscotch or chocolate. Multi colored sprinkles or graham cracker sprinkles.

We are loving this cruise. So nice that sound volume in theater, lounges and even pool deck is much more comfortable level than some recent NCL cruises.

We bought the soda package. No problem getting service. Staterooms are fully booked but there are only around 20 kids on ship so not crowded at all.

We are on the Dawn now. Already day 6 of our 14 day repositioning cruise and it is SO nice to realize we don't have to think about packing tomorrow.

Today's soft serve choices at Topsider Bar next to pool are banana, vanilla and rocky road. Toppings are butterscotch or chocolate. Multi colored sprinkles or graham cracker sprinkles.

We are loving this cruise. So nice that sound volume in theater, lounges and even pool deck is much more comfortable level than some recent NCL cruises.

We bought the soda package. No problem getting service. Staterooms are fully booked but there are only around 20 kids on ship so not crowded at all.

Thanks for posting!! Do you know what show is replacing Elements? Thanks!!

Yes, thanks for posting! Tell us more!