Pick up alcohol on the last day

leedm

I've heard Carnival now requires anyone who purchased Booze on the ship or in port (and they saved it for you), to go and pick up your bottles on the last day.

Has there been long or short lines and how did the pick up process go? Any pictures? Will you continue to purchase alcohol on your next cruise? :confused::confused:

I've heard Carnival now requires anyone who purchased Booze on the ship or in port (and they saved it for you), to go and pick up your bottles on the last day.

Has there been long or short lines and how did the pick up process go? Any pictures? Will you continue to purchase alcohol on your next cruise? :confused::confused:

I use to buy 4 to 6 bottles on my cruises! 3 weeks ago on the fascination I did not buy any.

I haven't experience this yet either. We usually buy 6-8 bottles (some onboard, some in port), but now not sure. Can anyone from the cabin pick it up, or does it have to be the person with the folio number that purchased it? Especially since we'd have to go to both locations, not sure if we'll still buy. Deals are not that much better than at home, but we like getting types we can't get at home.

Over an hour wait - probably several hundred in line - on the Splendor this week. I went down about 6:30 a.m., decided to try again - same state at 7:30. I went down again at 8:30 and was able to pick up after about 5 minute wait. Never again, that morning is too stressful as it is.

Over an hour wait - probably several hundred in line - on the Splendor this week. I went down about 6:30 a.m., decided to try again - same state at 7:30. I went down again at 8:30 and was able to pick up after about 5 minute wait. Never again, that morning is too stressful as it is.

That's pretty much our experience on the Fantasy a few weeks ago. Just about an hour wait for one bottle...my husband was pretty irritated by the time he got back.

I doubt I'll buy anything on the next cruise, unless it's something we're really wanting to try. Like others have said, the debarkation mornings are too busy as it is.

my husband was pretty irritated by the time he got back.

I doubt I'll buy anything on the next cruise, unless it's something we're really wanting to try.

You do know you'll be picking up the alcohol next time, right? :D

We actually had a pleasant experience on the Freedom on the morning of debarkation on Oct 24. We had purchased a couple of bottles on board, and then 3 bottles in port. On the last morning, I took necessary receipts to the designated room (aft dining room, in this case). Line was long(?) when I arrived. Probably 50-60 people. I thought this was going to be my home for the next hour, but within 5 minutes I was up to the front of the line. From here I could see the organizational structure.

There was one station designated for those who had purchased alcohol on board, and then several stations for those who had brought alcohol on board from the ports. The latter stations were separated by cabin deck level. Since we had purchased both on board and in ports, I was directed to the on-board purchase station first, then to my specific deck station. At each station, I just presented my receipt, signed for my packages, and was on my way. Total time was probably no more than 10 minutes tops.

I will say that it helps to get there early. The process opened up at 600am, and I was there at 615.

I realize this is not the best situation for everyone . . . especially if you are flying home. Certainly an adjustment to make, as you probably have to do some re-packing once you receive your alcohol. Fortunately for us, we are within driving distance of our home port. We just pack the alcohol in our carry-ons, just the same as if they had delivered the packages to the room on the night before. If we were cruising from a port that we had to fly to, we would carefully consider whether or not to buy alcohol on the cruise.

Just off the Imagination. Pick-up for all alcohol was in one of the lounges on Promenade deck. Once inside, there were two lines depending on whether it was purchased on board or held for passenger. (I purchased from the ship.) From entering the lounge to leaving was a five minute process. It was well organized and easy enough that I would plan to buy again.

• 1 month later...

The new carnival alcohol pick up policy on the last morning has been in effect for a while, how is it going? I heard of long lines, but also no problems...... What is the latest

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

WOW...we just got off the carnival sensation. purchased 3 bottles. we finished packing in the morning, had breakfast, and went to pick up at 8:15. there was no one there. we were actually the last bottles left. So i'd say if you do buy alcohol...wait till as late as possible to skip the lines.

WOW...we just got off the carnival sensation. purchased 3 bottles. we finished packing in the morning, had breakfast, and went to pick up at 8:15. there was no one there. we were actually the last bottles left. So i'd say if you do buy alcohol...wait till as late as possible to skip the lines.

We were on Fascination in Oct and my son bought some booze. He was down there right as the pick up hours began and got this stuff with no issues at all.

I have read that there has been some improvements in the policy of picking up your purchased alcohol on the last morning. Could the shorter lines and quicker pick up be due to the reduced alcohol sales = fewer people in line. I wonder if Carnival is seeing less $$ because of this? :rolleyes:

I always bought a bottle on the ship at the end of my first leg on a B2B and they would give it to me to take to the room. The last 2 cruises when they swiped my cruise card they said I would have to wait until the last day of my cruise to get the bottle. This was after there were some posts on here about this working. People who posted that you can get a bottle after your first leg think there helping others. All they did was let the cruise line read this and figure out how to stop it. I don't try and get booze on board. I don't care if people smuggle booze on board but if you tell everyone your sneaky ways of doing it on here they will find away to stop it.