QE or QV??

Perezcruz

I used to prefer the QE but since they both had refits, I prefer the QV.

One of the reasons being the QV never had those dreadful, poor quality flat screen TVs fitted that the QE had.

Another reason is that the QV now has new comfy seating in the area near the swimming pool which looks even better than the equivalent on the QE.

The QV has a Chart Room whereas on the QE that space is taken up by the Britannia Club restaurant.

There now just needs to be another table tennis table installed on the QV. There is only one whereas the other two ships have two.

Edited by Ray66

QV for the Chart Room and the aesthetics of the stepped stern.

Absolutely! Spot on.

QV remains our favourite Cunard ship. They all provide a particular & distinct experience and serve their respective purposes well but QV exudes a very special ambience.

The Chart Room is a fabulous venue.

QE.

(Mainly because when designing/building QE they realised where they'd got it slightly wrong with QV in a couple of places, and then improved things for the newer sister (with the one exception of the Chart Room/Britannia Club restaurant). Sometimes it is good to have a second "go", tweaking designs and improving on the first try).

QV every time.

I agree with Ray66 about the tv's but realise they will appear on QV sometime soon. I love the chart room - my favourite room during the day. I also prefer the stepped back of QV. However, above all QV has definitely got a special ambience that is missing on QE, as Pies4u said.

Just wish they would send QE off to the med and bring back QV for Southampton round trips.

what do you prefer?

Well if you wish to try Club Balcony it has to be QE, and the Club restaurant is rather nice.

If you are in the Grills not a lot of difference unless you like BIG balconies and then the aft balconies on QV are pretty enormous.

For me I don't think the ships would significantly sway my choice - it would be the destination.

Of course if you are a fanatical croquet player its QE.

Well we have just returned on the QV back to Southampton from Rome on the Cruise prior to Hatties.

Until that Cruise we would have said the QE. We do like the croquet and bowls on the QE and the Balcony cabins on the QE have slight improvements to those on the QV - the mirror inside the wardrobe door on the QV drives us mad and when open that area is so dull. The mirror ought to be on the outside frame of the wardrobe where it is on the QE.

All that said, the food and service in the Britannia restaurant on this cruise was outstanding and the service etc in Veranda Restaurant on the QV is definitely much superior.

So guess you could say it is a draw - cannot wait to get back on either ship !!

Tight race! Yet for me, QV ... even tho' you're in the dark most of the time, the lovely red theater does it for me. And yet ... the QE seems more "familiar" re QE2. But the same theater in blue doesn't seem "special."

Tight race! Yet for me, QV ... even tho' you're in the dark most of the time, the lovely red theater does it for me. And yet ... the QE seems more "familiar" re QE2. But the same theater in blue doesn't seem "special."
Hi Ab Ovo,

Actually it is the theatre layout that, for me, is one of the improvements made on QE over the layout on QV (they realised the error they'd made and fixed it on QE).

As for the colour, I like both; red is more traditional, warmer. However blue is, somehow, more deco.

As the theatre is the most spectacular room on either ship (better than many west-end theatres) I would be happy to sit in either frankly! :) (Both make the QM2 version look as if the money ran out about halfway through)

Best wishes to you.

Edited by pepperrn

Not having sailed either as yet my preference goes from perception gleaned back in 2008 when we watched the poor QV limp along side to Ft. Lauderdale from NYC as the QE2 sailed backwards so as to not lose the QV. Then when word got out as some QE2 folks switched ships in Sydney that the QV had no storage in the cabins she became known as the "Lady without drawers". Then the sealing factor was when she sailed out of the harbor and she and the QE2 exchanged whistles. So embarrassing that tin whistle VS the horn on the QE2 that could be heard for ten miles. I understand the new QE's horn is of suitable tenor and volume.

From the various brochures, I find the QE to be more English in décor so to my liking and the indoor sports center with Croquet works.

So hopefully in 2016 or 17 we shall see if the QE is the winner.